Windows 8 or Windows 7

Go to solution Solved by Floppy Kant Fish,

So my current laptop -Very old- runs on vista 32-bit now im takeing part on a new build but windows 7 or windows 8 for light gaming video and internet use is there pros or cons should i get 32 or 64 bit i lack knowledge on this topic

This question is not meant to erect fights over windows 8 and 7 just help a young guy out eh?

64 or 32 bit, there literally isn't much difference, 32 bit will just (basically, very basically) limit you to 4gbs of ram. with windows 8, its faster in some ways (eg. has newer dx11 features) but slower in others (apperently people claim the search on windows 8 is slow, but I beg to differ.) . Inorder to mount .iso images on windows 7 you need a 3rd party software with win 8 you don't. Windows 8 has more features than win 7.

I also think the win 7 "glass" looks like a bird shat on it, but thats my opinion.

So my current laptop -Very old- runs on vista 32-bit now im takeing part on a new build but windows 7 or windows 8 for light gaming video and internet use is there pros or cons should i get 32 or 64 bit i lack knowledge on this topic

This question is not meant to erect fights over windows 8 and 7 just help a young guy out eh?

Windows 8 is a lot better than people give it credit for. If the machine is as old as you say, 32 bit would be fine.

They're both good OS's, basically it comes down to what feels/looks better :)

Go to Bestbuy or something and try out some computers with Windows 8 or 7 and see which you like better.

64 or 32 bit, there literally isn't much difference, 32 bit will just (basically, very basically) limit you to 4gbs of ram. with windows 8, its faster in some ways (eg. has newer dx11 features) but slower in others (apperently people claim the search on windows 8 is slow, but I beg to differ.) . Inorder to mount .iso images on windows 7 you need a 3rd party software with win 8 you don't. Windows 8 has more features than win 7.

I also think the win 7 "glass" looks like a bird shat on it, but thats my opinion.

Java tuts:

Constructors, possibly more to come.

221 Goodbye.

Both are really good operating systems, but considering Microsofts announcment on windows 10 being free for previous users, my call would be to go for the cheapest one and just get W10 when it comes.

Both are really good operating systems, but considering Microsofts announcment on windows 10 being free for previous users, my call would be to go for the cheapest one and just get W10 when it comes.

Cheapest one is a bit tricky here since i use newegg both windows 7 and 8 and for reference even 7 service pack 1 and 8.1 are both 99.99 cheapest is a bit dicey there

Windows 8 is a lot better than people give it credit for. If the machine is as old as you say, 32 bit would be fine.

Yes my machine is old but it runs spectacularly well This XPS just wont stop