The difficult choice

Enflics

Hey guys,

So I've been reading some of the posts of other people looking to get into the mechanical keyboard club and I've noticed that all of you say that its a personal choice and that if it would be good to go and try it out in a store. (I live in Dublin) so I did I went to every single PC peripheral or general shops to find any sort of the mechanical keyboard to try it out and I've only found Razer Blackwindow (didn't say witch one) 2014 edition with Razer Green key switches.

I've tried it, and now I would like to know what MX Cherry color does it compare to? It had a click, but I didn't feel much of a bump to be honest and I could not tell when would it register either because I had no way to do that for obvious reasons. It was relatively loud but I didn't mind it at all. Thank you for your help my budget is about 100 euro with shipment, most of co.uk online stores ship to Ireland no questions asked.

Any suggestions are welcome, and thank you for helping a newbie out! :)

I'm pretty sure they're comparable to blues.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

You should definitely join the master race of mechanical keyboard users!  I use a corsair K70 with Cherry MX Blues, which I believe are similar to the Razer greens.  

There are a lot of good mechanical keyboards out there, Corsair K70 is probably the most popular.  They are very nice and come in a good selection of switch types.  I love my blues, but they take a bit of practice for gaming.  For pure gaming they say reds are the best, but I've never tried them.  I love the clicky feel and the sound.  I can type a bit faster and have fewer mistakes with my K70.  Go for it!  you'll be glad you did =)

As for other brands, anything with Cherry switches is probably good, but some are really top notch.  the Das Keyboard http://www.daskeyboard.com/ has won awards.  A lot of people also really love Ducky http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/keyboard.html

Let us know what you decide on, and how you like it!

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

You should definitely join the master race of mechanical keyboard users!  I use a corsair K70 with Cherry MX Blues, which I believe are similar to the Razer greens.  

There are a lot of good mechanical keyboards out there, Corsair K70 is probably the most popular.  They are very nice and come in a good selection of switch types.  I love my blues, but they take a bit of practice for gaming.  For pure gaming they say reds are the best, but I've never tried them.  I love the clicky feel and the sound.  I can type a bit faster and have fewer mistakes with my K70.  Go for it!  you'll be glad you did =)

As for other brands, anything with Cherry switches is probably good, but some are really top notch.  the Das Keyboard http://www.daskeyboard.com/ has won awards.  A lot of people also really love Ducky http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/keyboard.html

Let us know what you decide on, and how you like it!

I've heard that people say that greens are a shit version of blues :D Anyway I'm a bad typist and I make lots of mistakes even tho I game 24/7 I still wouldn't like the soft reds due to me mistyping even on a heavier switches so I'm looking at blues and browns... Which one would you recommend for a bad typist? :D Thanks!

I've heard that people say that greens are a shit version of blues :D Anyway I'm a bad typist and I make lots of mistakes even tho I game 24/7 I still wouldn't like the soft reds due to me mistyping even on a heavier switches so I'm looking at blues and browns... Which one would you recommend for a bad typist? :D Thanks!

Definitely blues!  the click sound helps.  I'm sure they've done research on this, but I think the combination of tactile click and audible click helps to train your hands muscle memory for better accuracy.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

If you do a lot of gaming I would probably recommend blacks, browns or clears because I assume if you game you are probably using a mic and blues and greens make a decent amount of noise

Thanks everyone I really appreciate your help! Going to post my choice as soon as it arrives!

Have you tried linear switches? (i.e. red, black)

If you like the tactile bump then get a tactile switch, but when I tried reds as opposed to browns and blues I could type on them MUCH easier, mainly because I feel like the tactility is too little on all the tactile switches so it makes them feel broken.

If you haven't tried all the switches, I would really recommend buying one of those switch testers at the least if you haven't found different switches at your local stores. Different switches fit different people, and you won't know which one fits you until you at least try the main three (red, brown, blue). :P

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))