Question for a VPS

ThyFeared
Go to solution Solved by Gofspar,

So I'll be hosting a RSPS soon and I need to know some good VPS services which will host it for me. We are currently using Trentahost but it's not that great but it does host forums and server. I've tried searching for a good one but I have come to no avail. If nothing is found I'll stick with Trenta but I would rather not. We're currently paying $32 a month for it.

OVH

So I'll be hosting a RSPS soon and I need to know some good VPS services which will host it for me. We are currently using Trentahost but it's not that great but it does host forums and server. I've tried searching for a good one but I have come to no avail. If nothing is found I'll stick with Trenta but I would rather not. We're currently paying $32 a month for it.

OVH

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Hello,

What sort of specs are you looking for?

Hello,

What sort of specs are you looking for?

This is what we have at the moment. 

58c8c420ecf3dd05a95564184f143989.png

And OVH is offering better for cheaper it seems.

This is what we have at the moment. 

58c8c420ecf3dd05a95564184f143989.png

And OVH is offering better for cheaper it seems.

Yes OVH are a good hosting company, I have only had good experience's with them.

I have only once criticism, at some times the server can slow down. But all depends on what node your on.

Yes OVH are a good hosting company, I have only had good experience's with them.

I have only once criticism, at some times the server can slow down. But all depends on what node your on.

Yeah that 21.99 a month deal looks killer. Will I will be able to host forums and a game server with that?

Yeah that 21.99 a month deal looks killer. Will I will be able to host forums and a game server with that?

Yeah, it slows down because of scrubbing and their DDoS protection.

Alright well that sounds good me. Thanks a lot guys!

Question for both of you. This is linux only and I need a windows based host. Any ideas?

Question for both of you. This is linux only and I need a windows based host. Any ideas?

You can get windows m8, its $5 more.

heres a branch of OVH that has some windows stuff.

http://www.soyoustart.com/us/

Yeah you should do fine with that, Obviously depends on how intensive your game server is. But you should be fine

Dedicated is always an option although more expensive you have complete control over the box, Again may be overkill for your needs. The linked OVH branch I believe is dedicated, Another one to check out is Datashack.net, I will most likely get slated for recommending them as a few people have had bad experiences. But personally never had any trouble. They do nice cheap dedicated servers that you can customize to your needs and install windows on them.