My triple AIO cooled rig. It can be done.

9y0XGpX.jpg

Three separate AIO coolers. 

What's inside?
2x Corsair H55 Liquid Coolers each attached to an NZXT G10 bracket, which has then been mounted to one of my two R9-290 graphics cards.
1x NZXT Kraken X61 attached to my overclocked FX-8350. 

If you've been looking at doing anything like this I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.   

lol. nice one. that amd bottleneck tho.  :P

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I've seen this somewhere else.. a minute ago...

hmmmm didn't even realise the GPUs were AIO cooled.

That looks beautiful! You might wanna replace that FX tho i doubt the GPUs are being utilized optimally.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

My condolences to the gpus.

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

That looks beautiful! You might wanna replace that FX tho i doubt the GPUs are being utilized optimally.

The FX-8350 has more than enough power to handle those two. I understand that there are better processors out there but I haven't yet found a reason to upgrade my CPU, I can max out all of the games I that I regularly play across three screens at a stable 60FPS. I've run benchmarks and watched system utilisation to check for bottlenecks, I manage to get full utilisation from the cards with room to spare on the CPU. Although AMD's Mantle has been a Gabensend when it comes to really stable framerates. 

My next upgrade is looking more like a new SSD, I have an early generation Samsung 840 with a 120MB/s write speed, not much fun when your HDD writes faster than your SSD. 

The FX-8350 has more than enough power to handle those two. I understand that there are better processors out there but I haven't yet found a reason to upgrade my CPU, I can max out all of the games I that I regularly play across three screens at a stable 60FPS. I've run benchmarks and watched system utilisation to check for bottlenecks, I manage to get full utilisation from the cards with room to spare on the CPU. Although AMD's Mantle has been a Gabensend when it comes to really stable framerates. 

My next upgrade is looking more like a new SSD, I have an early generation Samsung 840 with a 120MB/s write speed, not much fun when your HDD writes faster than your SSD.

Hmm thats very interesting. I was certain the FX would bottleneck 290 crossfire.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Hmm thats very interesting. I was certain the FX would bottleneck 290 crossfire.

Although there are more powerful processors out there the FX-8350 is by no means weak. 

It lacks in single threaded performance but that hasn't seemed to affect my experiences at all, my games still perform exceedingly well and I'm still having a great time.

Although there are more powerful processors out there the FX-8350 is by no means weak.

It lacks in single threaded performance but that hasn't seemed to affect my experiences at all, my games still perform exceedingly well and I'm still having a great time.

Well in certain scenarios it won't. Use those r9 290s and the 8350 4K. It competes with CPUs on the x99 platform. I just read a tweaktown article with dual 780s and 980s. Cherry picked benches or not. Still interesting results. Makes my brain hurt. I guess the 8350 loves high workloads.

Wow that looks great. What was the total cost for the brackets and AIO coolers?

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

It does when you try to hit 120hz.  Its fine to get 60

Mothership - 3770k @ 4.5 - 980ti SLI - Z77UD5

Protégé - FX8350 @ 4.8 - Fury X - CHVFZ

This isn't new, its been done many times.  You have it set up beautifully, very nice.

The likely reason you aren't experiencing too severe a bottleneck is because you are running 3 displays.  I am still curious what your GPU loads are and what games you play, because an FX8 paired with anything above an R9 280X/770 is most definitely a bottleneck in the majority of games on a single 1080p monitor.

By the way, you should switch the airflow direction of your case so that the H55s are exhausting hot air out the front, and the top and rear are intaking air.  The air the blows out of the H55s are very hot, and you have that air blowing directly over the GPUs.  Every situation is different, and there is no one-size fits all airflow solution, but in the G10 Owner's Club, people have reported drastically reduced temperatures by as much as 10C by switching from intake to exhaust with the G10 radiators.  VRM temperatures will lower as well.

Do you leave your side panel and front panel on or off in the H440?

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Wow that looks great. What was the total cost for the brackets and AIO coolers?

About $300 NZD altogether. 

Would be way cheaper to do as a US resident. 

This isn't new, its been done many times.  You have it set up beautifully, very nice.

The likely reason you aren't experiencing too severe a bottleneck is because you are running 3 displays.  I am still curious what your GPU loads are and what games you play, because an FX8 paired with anything above an R9 280X/770 is most definitely a bottleneck in the majority of games on a single 1080p monitor.

By the way, you should switch the airflow direction of your case so that the H55s are exhausting hot air out the front, and the top and rear are intaking air.  The air the blows out of the H55s are very hot, and you have that air blowing directly over the GPUs.  Every situation is different, and there is no one-size fits all airflow solution, but in the G10 Owner's Club, people have reported drastically reduced temperatures by as much as 10C by switching from intake to exhaust with the G10 radiators.  VRM temperatures will lower as well.

Do you leave your side panel and front panel on or off in the H440?

I've been thinking about flipping the fans for a wee while now, everything seems to be working fine for now so I'd rather leave it as is. I have NZXT's CAM software controlling the fans on all of my rads, has done the trick so far although taking the front panel off of my H440 helps when my system is under truly heavy load. 

I mostly play GRID 2, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, GRID Autosport, Garry's Mod, Grand Theft Auto IV, Far Cry 3, Far Cry 4 and a few other titles (Not as much)

• 2 months later...

Updates to this: Removed dust filter on H440 and saw 5c drop across the board at low fan speeds

Such a shame you chose an FX :/

Is this just intel fanboys talking or does the FX series have limits that I was unaware of? I was planning on going R9 290 crossfire on my 1440p display. Currently nothing comes close to using all of even 1 core of my 8320@4.4ghz.

Also nice looking rig, I love that NZXT uses the same red on all the components, it really ties it together. I was going to go for the same set-up, but with the G10's on there the cards take up 3 slots and I use a PCI-E sound card as well, which wouldn't fit.

Is this just intel fanboys talking or does the FX series have limits that I was unaware of?

Damn dude, that's a 2 month old topic. You could've just PM'ed either one of us. No need to necro.

EDIT; oh, the topicstarter made an update.

Anyway, no it's not fanboyism. And if you see one core being nearly saturated, that's not to be interpreted that only one core is needed, but that that single core is holding all the others back (for as multithreaded the title is). The 8350 is a low-end CPU when it comes to gaming. Essentially all Haswell CPU's from i3 and up beat it.

http://pclab.pl/zdjecia/artykuly/chaostheory/2015/03/hardline/charts/bfh_cpu_nv.png

http://pclab.pl/zdjecia/artykuly/chaostheory/2014/11/codaw/charts/codaw_cpu_a2.png