Custom Cables: Worth it?

ACoffeeGuy

Is it worth it to you to buy custom colored cables? Why or Why not?

Kill the Machine!

Not really since quality psu's have their cables black anyway

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

They don't offer any performance benefit, they just look nice. It depends on how much you care about colour scheme and if you have the money to spare

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

If "looks" have some importance for you then yes they are worth it. There are some pretty cheap sleeved extensions out there if you don't want to spend a lot.

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

Not really since quality psu's have their cables black anyway

Well not everyone wants them to be black.

I'd say that if you want your rig to look great, then custom cables would be the way to go.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

It's really just about aesthetics. If you don't mind spending around $25-30 for a whole set and would like to achieve a color scheme in your build then sure go ahead. And yes, there are no performance difference whatsoever.

Intel i5 4460 || Deepcool Gammaxx S40 || Gigabyte H97 Gaming 3 || Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb DDR3 1600 CL9 || Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Asus 24x DVDRW OEM || Bitfenix Comrade Window White || Asus VX239h || Razer Blackwidow 2013 || Razer Deathadder Chroma || Windows 8.1 x64 SL || Crucial M550 256gb || Deepcool RGB Led Controller

It's really just about aesthetics. If you don't mind spending around $25-30 for a whole set and would like to achieve a color scheme in your build then sure go ahead. And yes, there are no performance difference whatsoever.

25-30 for the whole set? :D My corsair sleeved cables for the RM850 cost 100€ in total :D

25-30 for the whole set? :D My corsair sleeved cables for the RM850 cost 100€ in total :D

I had just the basics in mind which include 1 set of 8 pin and 6 pin cables, and a 24-pin extension. And to be honest I was not aware that customized sleeves could even go that high what else am I missing? :D

Intel i5 4460 || Deepcool Gammaxx S40 || Gigabyte H97 Gaming 3 || Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb DDR3 1600 CL9 || Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Asus 24x DVDRW OEM || Bitfenix Comrade Window White || Asus VX239h || Razer Blackwidow 2013 || Razer Deathadder Chroma || Windows 8.1 x64 SL || Crucial M550 256gb || Deepcool RGB Led Controller

I had just the basics in mind which include 1 set of 8 pin and 6 pin cables, and a 24-pin extension. And to be honest I was not aware that customized sleeves could even go that high what else am I missing? :D

Well, this is for the whole set that comes with the RM850 :)

Cables included are:

• (x4) 6+2 PCI-E cables (600mm)
  • (x2) 6+2 PCI- E pigtail cables (600mm,750mm)
  • (x2) 4+4 EPS/ATX12V CPU cables (650mm)
  • (x1) SATA Power 4-Head Long cables (850mm)
  • (x3) SATA Power 4-Head Short cables (750mm)
  • (x3) Peripheral 4-pin Molex Power cables (750mm)
  • (x1) ATX Main Mother Board Power Connector 24 pin (20+4)

Lol well yeah that explains it :) I just went barebones so yeah a real whole set will set you back for a good amount of money :D