White Shinobi on a Budget

mineablecrafter

Because if you're really going to get an i5, might as well drop down another 40 for a K series. I highly doubt that his friend would be doing advanced processing because he is going for a budget build. He is most likely going to play games for the most part. So just use the extra money you save and buy a better gpu. You can also upgrade the cpu later for when the new amd processors come out. If you get the 3350p then want to upgrade, you're spending more than you originally intended. Don't get me wrong, I love intel. I have a 3570k, but if I were in a different situation with a tight budget, AMD is always the answer. I just don't think a P processor is worth it given the price it is and you don't even have the option to overclock.

The budget isn't even that tight. Dropping the extra $40 for a K series isn't really worth it for standard gaming. You won't need more than a 3350P unless you're pushing more than 2 780's in sli. The 965 on the other hand would bottleneck such a configuration. 

The 3350P is fast enough to push powerful gpus for quite a while and will be important to future upgrades and gaming. You won't need to upgrade for a while.

Getting a better gpu would either be a 770 or 780. Are you telling me the OP would be better off with a 965 with a 770/780?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The budget isn't even that tight. Dropping the extra $40 for a K series isn't really worth it for standard gaming. You won't need more than a 3350P unless you're pushing more than 2 780's in sli. The 965 on the other hand would bottleneck such a configuration. 

The 3350P is fast enough to push powerful gpus for quite a while and will be important to future upgrades and gaming. You won't need to upgrade for a while.

Getting a better gpu would either be a 770 or 780. Are you telling me the OP would be better off with a 965 with a 770/780?

Common sense that a 965 will bottleneck a 770/780 so why even bring up the topic of using them together? A 3350P is good enough for powerful gpus but why buy it when you'll be using a 965 at it's full potential. Plus at $800 price point, I'm pretty sure that spending half of your budget is a no no. If you got money get the 3350P if you want. I'm just suggesting the best build for a good price.

Common sense that a 965 will bottleneck a 770/780 so why even bring up the topic of using them together? A 3350P is good enough for powerful gpus but why buy it when you'll be using a 965 at it's full potential. Plus at $800 price point, I'm pretty sure that spending half of your budget is a no no. If you got money get the 3350P if you want. I'm just suggesting the best build for a good price.

I brought it up because you suggested getting a stronger gpu with the 965. The next step up is the 770/780 considering the 7970 is not the best value.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I brought it up because you suggested getting a stronger gpu with the 965. The next step up is the 770/780 considering the 7970 is not the best value.

7950 is also a good value. You can get a 7950 for 240-260 with 4 free games at newegg i believe. Also it wouldn't be bottlenecking if you overclock a 965 with a 7950.

7950 is also a good value. You can get a 7950 for 240-260 with 4 free games at newegg i believe. Also it wouldn't be bottlenecking if you overclock a 965 with a 7950.

Yeah, it was a 3350P and a 7950 in my build.