Ghetto Fix for Broken SATA Ports

PhilPC

I had to make a quick fix to a hard drive, so I thought I'd just do a one shot of it, and upload it.

Check out my Trading Card Inventory, I probably have that one card you need

Gaming PC  Corsair C70 Arctic White ▪ MSI Z77 MPower ▪ i7-3770k, Core 4.0 GHz ▪ Patriot IEM 4 x 4GB @ 2133MHz ▪ 2 x Palit GTX 670 Jetstreams in SLI, Core 1250 MHz, Mem 3150 MHz ▪ OS on 128GB Samsung 840 Pro ▪ Silverstone ST85F-P w/ Fancy Silverstone Cables

Server ▫ Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey ▪ Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 ▪ i5-2500 ▪ Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4GB @ 1600MHz ▪ Asus GTX 550ti ▪ OS on 120GB Samsung 840 ▪ 5.2TB Storage Space ▪ Antex HCG 900

I did that to one of my HDD's a while ago and it lasted for about a month and then stopped reading the data. Personally if that happens it's better just to buy a new HDD.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I did that to one of my HDD's a while ago and it lasted for about a month and then stopped reading the data. Personally if that happens it's better just to buy a new HDD.

It's being used with redundancy, so nothing of value will be lost. I just like to get as much life out of everything that I can. The drive is only a year old, it's just seen a lot of action.

Gaming PC  Corsair C70 Arctic White ▪ MSI Z77 MPower ▪ i7-3770k, Core 4.0 GHz ▪ Patriot IEM 4 x 4GB @ 2133MHz ▪ 2 x Palit GTX 670 Jetstreams in SLI, Core 1250 MHz, Mem 3150 MHz ▪ OS on 128GB Samsung 840 Pro ▪ Silverstone ST85F-P w/ Fancy Silverstone Cables

Server ▫ Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey ▪ Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 ▪ i5-2500 ▪ Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4GB @ 1600MHz ▪ Asus GTX 550ti ▪ OS on 120GB Samsung 840 ▪ 5.2TB Storage Space ▪ Antex HCG 900

If you did this to your drive that means you don't know how to use a Sata cable....

It's being used with redundancy, so nothing of value will be lost. I just like to get as much life out of everything that I can. The drive is only a year old, it's just seen a lot of action.

No, I know :) bro and I still have all the data on that HDD, it is in my closet. That is why I also did it. I wanted to see if I could repair it like if the SATA connector never broke. I just feel that if you do it as the intention that it will last a long time, I don't think that will happen. temporarily, YES :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

[delete post?]

If you did this to your drive that means you don't know how to use a Sata cable....

More like, "you didn't care for cable management and your cable octopus of 10 sata data and powers leads, got pulled out with another drive."

Which makes me wonder...

It would be smarter, to just have all the drives facing the front of the drive bay, wouldn't it?

Case is a Fractal Define R4

No, I know :) bro and I still have all the data on that HDD, it is in my closet. That is whay I also did it. I wanted to see if I could repair it like if the SATA connector never broke. I just feel that if you do it as the intention that it will last a long time, I don't think that will happen. temporarily, YES :)

you're right, annotation disclaimer is required

got a pc 5 years old running a 160 gig hdd the connector is broken like above for about 3 years atleast haha xD

If he's using it for redundancy like he says I see no problem. Can't be any worse than Linus stuffing a broken CPU pin into a socket.