How to Record a Video of my Android Phone

Hi Friends,

Me again, I want to do small video of my Phone. Is there anyway I can capture my Android device (video recording not screen capture). I tried to google and I found screencast is the application I need to install. But it is only for rooted device. My device is not rooted. Is there any other way I can do video recording of my android screen. I have only another option which I have to use my webcam and do a shooting of my android. But I want something neat and tidy video to post.

Thanks in advance.

Pls Help.

Regards.

I am not addicted to drugs But to GADGETS.

there is no way to record the screen without it being rooted end of story

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

You can actually capture the screen but you wont get more then 2fps or so. You would have to get some app like MyPhoneExplorer to stream your android screen to pc and then record it ;) But however, 2 fps sucks. If you are from the EU. just get your device rooted, you won't lose warranty: http://fsfe.org/freesoftware/legal/flashingdevices.en.html

Some one told me if we root our device we might not get update on air for any application from play store. That is why am not rooting.

Atleast guide me how can I see the android screen on my pc and able to work on it. Like whatever I do on my phone it must do on the PC as well. Something like that is enough just to make computer video about Android.

Some one told me if we root our device we might not get update on air for any application from play store. That is why am not rooting.

My phone is rooted and I get auto-updates, including OTA updates for new Android versions. Once in a while, the auto-update doesn't work, but it's a minor inconvenience, not a major issue.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

You could use a pvr and a cable to out put to the pvr.

You don't need to have it rooted. I record my phone screen just fine. You will however need to use sdk to do it. If you download android sdk, make sure you have the correct version of Java(should be listed when you download it). after you have sdk plug your phone into the computer, open cmd and navigate to the directory where adb.exe is located which may be somewhere like downloads folder or install directory. To do this type "cd" then the directory afterwards(sorry if you know how to do all this, I don't know how much you know). Then download a program called droid@screen. It's also freeware so you don't have to worry. Put the droid@screen program into the same folder as the adb.exe program. then run droid@screen. Make sure your phone is set to allow debugging. This option is in the settings somewhere, it varies based on the version of Android so google it. On the computer hit refresh of the droid@screen program, it's a big button, hard to miss. Then you should be able to see your phone screen on the computer. From there use your favourite desktop recording program to record the screen. I recommend camstudio over something like fraps because camstudio is easy to set the screen region. Also, sorry for any typing errors. I'm on my phone

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Hi friends thanks for all your messages I got it now. Anyway as you all mentioned above it is just 2fps speed but that is all enough for me now. Thanks Hazy 125, I did only as you mentioned above instead of droid@screen, I used ashot and it worked fine. Thanks again for all your suggestions.