Modding cables

maizepath

Hey guys.

Do you guys think it is a good idea to paint the connector parts of a modular psu cable?

With that i mean the 6 pin/8 pin connector.

sku_28979_2.jpg

I would just sleeve them. If you paint them the connecters might not fit because the extra space because of the paint.

Buy my yoga 2 pro!  http://linustechtips.com/main/classifieds/item/2711-lenovo-yoga-2-pro-i7-4510u-8gb-ram-4k-btc-accepted/

[spoiler=Trumps Wall

]AMD FX 8320 OC@ 4.4 GHZ GPUamd sapphire 7950RAM: 12GB CORSAIR XMS3 Psu: Corsair cx 500m CASE: Corsair 800d MOBO: Asrock 970 extreme 3 r2 Storage: 256GB mx100 SSD, 1TB WD Blue,1tb Seagate Barracuda in Raid 0, 750GB Seagate Baracude. Os Windows 7
CPU: AMD A-10 5800k RAM: 4GB DDR3 Storage:Random drives Mobo:msi SomthingCase: good question   

If you do remove the end first. And make sure not to paint the part that actually goes in. It'll make it be really tight, and maybe not even go in.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

You can buy connectors in other colours.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

Hey guys.

Do you guys think it is a good idea to paint the connector parts of a modular psu cable?

With that i mean the 6 pin/8 pin connector.

They are a very tight fit so I wouldn't, unless you want to dye them then it might work but since it's black it will be hard for colors to take easily. As MourningSouls recommended they do sell them in different colors.

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l1/g51/Connectors.html

Quick update, i taped off the pins and the cable and painted it with green paint. it looks really well, and i will put it in my case tonight to see if it works.