And it broke whilst stress testing...

Litargirio
Go to solution Solved by Litargirio,

or the psu

Good idea. I'm actually jump testing it right now, after some googling. The fan is turning itself on and immediately back off. Interesting! I think the PSU is defective, or something.

Edit: I created a whole thread for nothing, ha ha ha.

I put this PC together yesterday, installed Windows 8.1, and everything worked just fine...

CPU: 4790K

Mobo: Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5

RAM: 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866

Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB

PSU: Seasonic 850W Evo Edition

GPU: none yet

There is also an NZXT Sentry Mix 2 fan controller, with 6 LED fans connected to it.

After installing Windows yesterday I ran PassMark PerformanceTest, which didn't put up any problems, so today I ran it again, this time changing the test time to long and let it sit doing its thing. After a while, the PC shut itself off. Not only that, but it refuses to turn on now.

If I let it sit for a while, discharge it by unpowering the PSU and pressing the power button and then try to turn it on, it will do so for a split second before turning itself back off: the fan LEDs will flash and the fans will jiggle a bit.

I've cleared the CMOS, but it didn't do anything. Of course, I've also reseated all the power cables, and the RAM with the same result.

Any... ideas? :wacko:

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

mobo probably busted.. or the psu, If you conected everythig right... and its not working..well... bad luck man.. I hope you mounted your cpu cooler right, If not check that... but yeah.. If you can ask someone for a spare psu to try the mobo if its working... well the mobo is new.. if its not working you'll get a new one for sure :P

or the psu

Good idea. I'm actually jump testing it right now, after some googling. The fan is turning itself on and immediately back off. Interesting! I think the PSU is defective, or something.

Edit: I created a whole thread for nothing, ha ha ha.

Edited by Litargirio

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB