Freezing issue

Areudon

So my computer has frozen up many times randomly after a few hours, sometimes just freezing and not being able to anything, and sometimes popping up with a bluescreen error with "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" , which was I think solved by the graphics card getting a driver update after looking at Bluescreen viewer, but the freezing issue still persists.

The steps I tried to fix this with are (Not in order) -

- Reinstall graphics card drivers

- Check CPU temps, they're in the upper 40 to lower 50C

- Test all memory with memtest, all passed.

- Changed out power supply with another computers and tested, same problem

The graphics card is Nvidia gtx 560. Its been a few years since I got it. My processor is also not overclocked or anything like that, its stock. 

Could it have been my windows installation, in that being I haven't reinstalled in a year or so, or that it could be somehow the graphics card is dying? It's never gone over 65C since I've gotten it.

Have you tried to run a virus scan? Some viruses create startup processes and they can hog up a lot of system resources. 

Your video card drivers are up to date correct? If they are, and your still getting Freezes here and there, maybe try a different version of the video drivers. Some people get better performance and stability with older drivers. You could also try the latest beta drivers and see if that helps.

And remember when installing/updating video card drivers to always do a clean install. Uninstall the drivers, reboot the PC, and install the new drivers. You could also use CCleaner after you remove the drivers, to clean the Registry of the old Drivers, then install the new drivers.

Ultimate 900D Build - Build Log (In Progress) - TheTechGenius MODs

Do you have another computer that you could test your video card in?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Well I've checked for virus's guess I forgot to mention that, its almost the #1 thing I first check for, anyway the installing of video card drivers doesn't really do much regardless if I switch the version. I'm thinking maybe its finally time to upgrade the graphics card, though it still does fine currently. This issue is just an annoyance, but I'd still rather it get solved, just in case so it doesn't escalate.

Edit: yeah I can probably test it in another computer, didn't think of that.