Help w/ Mousepad Choices

I'm going to try and keep this short and sweet.

I'm in the market for a new mousepad/mousemat.  I am currently using plain mousepad which I got made with a Razer logo on it in South Carolina a while back.  It is quite good durability and smoothness wise, but far too small for what I need (CS:GO).  I have narrowed my choices down to either one of the SteelSeries QCK variants, or a Razer Goliathus (probably speed?).  A couple of my friends have the QCK pads and really like them, but I'm afraid that the edges won't hold up in the long term since they are known to fray quite a bit.  Is it really worth the ~$10 premium to go with a Goliathus pad over a QCK? 

Anyone have experience with one or both of these mousepads and can comment on their durability and tracking/surface quality?

I use the Goliathus. I am not mousemat enthusiast but I can say the goliathus does feel very smooth. My edges have yet to fray and I have owned the mousepad for almost 2 years.

Is there really any difference between the speed and control editions?

disclaimer, saying they "one is faster" means nothing to anyone, but say it if you want

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

disclaimer, saying they "one is faster" means nothing to anyone, but say it if you want

From what I've read/seen, they are just really different textures or weaves.  The control has these sort of "dimples" or bumps made out of some of the stitching that are supposed to not let the mouse "stick" to the pad as much and give you smoother control.  (???)  The speed is really tightly woven and silky/smooth.  The speed is the type I figure most people are used to as well as me, so I'll probably go with it.  I've heard that the weird texture on the control can really be hard to get used to and make you move your mouse funny.

From what I've read/seen, they are just really different textures or weaves.  The control has these sort of "dimples" or bumps made out of some of the stitching that are supposed to not let the mouse "stick" to the pad as much and give you smoother control.  (???)  The speed is really tightly woven and silky/smooth.  The speed is the type I figure most people are used to as well as me, so I'll probably go with it.  I've heard that the weird texture on the control can really be hard to get used to and make you move your mouse funny.

Yeh i've got the control. my g502 doesn't really have a place for my pinky, and the mat just irritates that finger.

I think it's also contributed to peeling the corner of a pad on the bottom of the mouse.

I'll be replacing it with a extended speed edition when i can

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

There is yes. The control edition has a slight texture to it. I have tried both and can say the control edition is rougher. Not sure if it improves control though. I guess by faster they mean less friction.

There is yes. The control edition has a slight texture to it. I have tried both and can say the control edition is rougher. Not sure if it improves control though. I guess by faster they mean less friction.

Right, thanks for the info