Interference buzz

Toddwjp

So just helped my friend build a new computer and we have discovered an issue, when connecting his USB dac we get interference buzzing on the speakers.

We tried another sound card, still buzzing, tried using different wall outlets. So we think it may be the motherboard having USB grounding issues.

Any ideas before we really motherboard?

On his laptop there was no interference with the USB dac, but when a vga monitor was added buzzing appeared, but other USB devices didn't cause this issue on the laptop.

So just helped my friend build a new computer and we have discovered an issue, when connecting his USB dac we get interference buzzing on the speakers.

We tried another sound card, still buzzing, tried using different wall outlets. So we think it may be the motherboard having USB grounding issues.

Any ideas before we really motherboard?

On his laptop there was no interference with the USB dac, but when a vga monitor was added buzzing appeared, but other USB devices didn't cause this issue on the laptop.

Try plugging a mic into the back and a pair of headphones into the front. I got EMI from my board too but only if both mic / audio were plugged in on my headset. I switched to my Bose headphones and the sound is by far superior.

Try plugging a mic into the back and a pair of headphones into the front. I got EMI from my board too but only if both mic / audio were plugged in on my headset. I switched to my Bose headphones and the sound is by far superior.

Will try cheers