Older FPS's

Anyone still play them?

Some games will stick around forever - Morrowind, CS ect - however in the world of first person shooters they come and go quickly? What oldies are you still playing?

Personally Operation Typhoon Rising '04 and MoH Allied Assault/Pacific Assault '02 and '04 as well as MoH 2011

You?

Would you consider CS:S as an old fps? Its miles ahead of CS:GO which was a complete failure.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Wolfenstein enemy territory. Been playing it for years, obviously not as popular as it once was but damn its a solid game and had an amazing community in australia.

• Sabertooth Z77
  • Intel i7 3770k
  • EVGA FTW GTX 670
  • 16 GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHz RAM
  • 1TB WD Black HDD
  • 250gb Intel 520 Series SSD
  • Corsair AX750 PSU

Would you consider CS:S as an old fps? Its miles ahead of CS:GO which was a complete failure.

I really like Counter Strike GO, never got into source.

I also play CS1.6 every now and then, and Battlefield 2.

CS 1.6 is one of the best older shooters of all time.

I still love playing Call of Duty: United Offensive, and Call of Duty 2.

Quake Live is good and free. Its amazing how big the skill gap was in old school shooters compared to now where with some chessy tactics or OP weapons anyone can "hang" with the better players. In old school FPS's you were lucky to get a kill on a good player let alone dominate them for a round or two.

I really like Counter Strike GO' date=' never got into source. I also play CS1.6 every now and then, and Battlefield 2. [/quote']

CSGO is terrible for mapping, which is what i like to do with the source engine.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Even though it's not that old, I still play this alot! It's one of my all time favorites. SWBF2

Dark Messiah Might and Magic multiplayer was a great FPS. Gameplay was fun and the graphics were ahead of its time. At time of release needed very good comp. still think it looks and plays great now.

• 9 months later...

I like Battlefield 1943. I also play CoD: 2 (you know, from when CoD didn't suck)

A man of charm with strange quarks. 

UT 04, Halo CE

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

CS 1.6 is one of the best older shooters of all time.

There's still a ton of people playing it! :D

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3 ghz | Corsair H60 (Push/Pull)|  8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1.6 ghz | Sapphire HD 7870 Oc'd | Biostar TA970 MOBO OCZ 750w  PSU | 2TB HDD + 120gb Kingston V300 SSD| Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer Case | SoundBlaster Audigy SE  Windows 7                                                                                      "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me..."   "You know nothing Jon Snauhh" "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

/Steam Profile/Folding@home stats/TekSyndicate Fourms/  \m/  RIP David Gold (1980-2011) \m/ RIP Peter Steele (1962-2010) \m/ RIP Chuck Schuldiner (1967-2001) \m/ RIP Dio (1942-2010) \m/ RIP Cliff Burton (1962-1986) \m/ RIP Dime (1966-2004)

battlefeild 2142, Star wars battlefront still has a large following.

Old Star Trek FPSs

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

I still fire up Doom every now and then. Also, HL1, but I prefer the Black Mesa remake of it now.

Wolfenstein enemy territory. Been playing it for years, obviously not as popular as it once was but damn its a solid game and had an amazing community in australia.

You play on FA servers? if so, look out for me, I am #Cult

Unreal Tournament and Unreal Tournament 2004 both are a fairly regular play for me.

Insta-gib CTF on Face Classic is still one of my fave multiplayer experiences to date.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4