fractal arc/define window panel

i live in the UK. in the UK fractal parts (that aren't cases and fans) are hard to find. i have been looking for a windowed side panel for my arc-midi R1 for about a month now, but i found only one supplier in the UK, and they had awful reviews, do i left them out. after finally giving up i decided to get one from the US, i had to pay $20 for the panel but £30 to ship it! :( but it finally arrived and i couldn't wait to install it.

post-1261-0-48582100-1372024230_thumb.jp

post-1261-0-43152800-1372024285_thumb.jp

post-1261-0-53121800-1372024324_thumb.jp

it came packed really well with closed cell foam on each side of the box.

post-1261-0-06071800-1372024466_thumb.jp

post-1261-0-19287200-1372024483_thumb.jp

post-1261-0-07747900-1372024496_thumb.jp

sorry about the low quality shots, i had to take these on my phone :P

i think it looks really good, don't worry about the stock Intel cooler,its gone by the time I've posted this XD

i am starting to do allot of work to make my rig look better, this along with the LEDs was the first step, il be sure to post more updates as soon as i can

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

Hi boggle4321

This is my first minute i guess on LTT, and i think i allready can give you a tip  ;)

Instead of payin $30 for shipment and $20 for the windowed side you coult have bought a rotary tool (like a Dremel) 

to do some customising yourself, yes it's a a little bit more work but on the other side after all it's fun and save,s a lot

of money!

Fractal are actually trialing a spares store in germany right now :)
http://www.fractal-design-shop.de/index.php?s=3〈=ger

I think it's a great idea, apparently they are only shipping to Germany atm, but I was told they may be able to sneak a few things out to the UK.

I ordered a windowed side panel and black HDD trays and PCI covers for my black Define R4 to destroy their black and white colourscheme and give it more of a stealthy look.

Current workstation/gaming rig ->>.. i7 3280 @ 4.6GHz - Asrock Extreme 4 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP Black 1,600MHz - EVGA GTX 660 - Fractal Design Define R4 & Newton R3 PSU - Corsair H80i with the LED pink ^-^ - 4x Noctua NF-F12's - 2x 240GB Force GS SSD's in raid 0 - 6x 2TB HDD's

Scan.co.uk were selling the window, that's where I got mine from

For my new build it was either the Fractal Define R4 with the window or the Corsair 350D. Although the 350D won for me, both are undeniable beautiful cases that implement form and function quite well if i do say so myself. :)

public static void main(String[] args){

System.out.println("Hello, World!");

}

Very nice :P I'm actually going to buy one of these along with the R4 I'm purchasing (they're $35 + postage here).

Yes, I could make my own side window - I even have the tools for it (not the plexiglass, though). But I'm happy to pay that little extra $35 for the professional window :)