Need help looking for Gaming Headset/headphones

Looking for a headset that i can use as headphones. Doesn't matter what company,and the budget is $120.

Headphones are most important as they'll impact your listening experience most.

I'd recommend Sennheiser 558/598 because I find my 650s addictively comfortable, but lots of people rave about the Audio Technica ATH-AD700, AKG 701/702, and Beyer Dynamic 770/990. When it comes to headphones, price isn't necessarily everything past $100. I can't comment about how any of these sound, but I know from many reviews that whatever you choose you wont be disappointed. Purchase an AntLion ModMic to attach to the headphones and VIOLA - you have a headset! You can bind the cables of the mic and the headphones together with heat shrink tubing - a half inch would probably work - if you want to keep the cables neat & together.

As far as sound cards/amps, you should already know that most of them sound pretty much the same. Pick one in your price range AFTER picking out your headphones (make sure it has enough power to drive them if you get something that requires extra juice). ASUS's Xonar cards and the Fiio E10 are all good options under $100. I recommend going external, but some people like desk space - what do they know?  :rolleyes:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/29011-good-audio-setting/  ;)

If your budget is SUPER tight, I've personal experience with the SteelSeries Siberia V2, and they were pretty good. Lots of different color and connection options as well.

I dont have one, but i saw a lot of excelent reviews on the  "Audio Technica ATH-AD700"  they cost around 100$ in amazon.

They dont have a mic. but there are plenty of sollutions for this problem...for just 9$ ( Zalman Zm-Mic1 )

http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-AD700-Open-air-Audiophile-Headphones/dp/B000CMS0XU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372086844&sr=8-1&keywords=Audio+Technica+ATH-AD700+Open-air+Dynamic+Audiophile+Headphones