Need Help Deciding between Sound Cards and Audio Interface

Go to solution Solved by aluthfir,

I'm actually satisfied with this headphone, many reviews said that this headphone is bang for the bucks. Have been using this headphone for playing games, listening to music, watching movie, and i believe this headphone is an all rounder. Actually what i'm not satisfied is my onboard sound card, because it keeps making hiss, distort, etc when listening to music. That's why i felt like there's something missing when i'm listening music from my computer (this doesn't happen when i'm listening to music from my phone).

My conclusion is that i think it's better for me to just buy an Audio Interface, because it's external, it's already enough to fix my problem with my onboard sound card, + i can use it for recording and stuff too. Thank You :)

Hello guys, i'm just starting on the Audio World and need some advice from you guys. As you can see i just bought a headphone recently which is Takstar HI2050 and i'm quiet satisfied with that. But i just felt like there is something missing, like this headphone might do better than this kinda feeling. So i decided to move on from the Onboard Audio because i know that's crappy. And wanted to find some external sound card (DAC/DAC+AMP) for my headphone.
FYI. I wanted to do some recording, and decided to buy some Audio Interface too.

The Sound Card/Audio Interface that i had in mind was :
Fiio e10k, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, Steinberg CI2+

The problem is that many people said that Audio Interface DAC is not as good as a standalone DAC like : Fiio e10k or JDS Labs O2+ODACC is this true? +Fiio e10k got Headphone Amp built in it too, which is might increase overall performance of my headphone too.

So the conclusion is :
1. Should i just buy Fiio e10k for my headphone, use it as the playback device, and buy an Audio Interface later for my recording devices?
2. or Just buy an Audio Interface and use it as the recording and playback device for my headphone too and be happy with that?

P.S : Please correct me if i'm wrong, i'm still just a newbie after all :) Thank you.

i see, you got a point there. but the  Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, Steinberg CI2+ is actually an ADC too. It can be used in recording to take inputs like Mic, Guitar, Midi and such.
So basically are you saying that My headphone is find as it's and don't need anymore standalone amp/dac and such? just go straight buy the Audio Interface?
Thanks for the reply.

Sounds like you actually aren't satisfied with your headphones, if you feel like something is missing.

I'm actually satisfied with this headphone, many reviews said that this headphone is bang for the bucks. Have been using this headphone for playing games, listening to music, watching movie, and i believe this headphone is an all rounder. Actually what i'm not satisfied is my onboard sound card, because it keeps making hiss, distort, etc when listening to music. That's why i felt like there's something missing when i'm listening music from my computer (this doesn't happen when i'm listening to music from my phone).

My conclusion is that i think it's better for me to just buy an Audio Interface, because it's external, it's already enough to fix my problem with my onboard sound card, + i can use it for recording and stuff too. Thank You :)