UV or RED

DTV998

Hi guys!

I'm going to buy some new lights for my new pc, and I would just like to ask, which ones do you prefer. RED or UV.
My PC has qouite some red in it, considering I have a ROG motherboard and a Asus graphics card that is red.
But still, nobody of my friends doesn't have UV lights and I would also like to show them off, on the other side, the red lights give the ROG series parts that special edge (in my opinion), and I have ROG headphones aswell. So... help maybe ;D

Red, UV is pointless unless you have UV reactive stuff imo

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

The red lights will be better. It'll compliment your build better  ^_^

Elven

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

Grab some white LEDs instead. The red's going to be too overwhelming.

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

UV red does't exist its either orange or pink

What? I didin't say anything about some ''UVred'' lights dood ;D

I don't like either.
IMO red is better than "UV" (you can't really see UV, it's outside the visible light spectrum, hence the "Ultra"), but "everyone" is doing red, so you will have the least original color scheme ever. Surely, the point of lighting in a computer is to show off, and thats hard to do when everyone has the same colors.

Red, UV is pointless unless you have UV reactive stuff imo

And too much UV isn't healthy anyway :P

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

And too much UV isn't healthy anyway :P

you would have to sit in front of like a 1000 strips for weeks before you started getting a tan lol, the consumer uv led strips are so weak.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Red would be best unless you have something like a liquid cooling set up with uv tubing or coolant and i wouldn't recommend getting uv coolant as it discolors tubing really fast.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |