Does someone know a peltier cooler that leaves the temperatures over ambient?

are you going to cool a cpu with it?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

yes

why do you think that can work? actually the question is why you think it can work effectively.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

why do you think that can work? 

a peltier unit is able to cool down anything and I just want something to monitor the temps and increasing/decreasing the Voltage oft the Peltier unit

a peltier unit is able to cool down anything and I just want something to monitor the temps and increasing/decreasing the Voltage oft the Peltier unit

i get that, but since you want to keep it above ambient anyway why do you think it's even worth bothering, I don't think you will see much gain at all in performance still over ambient temp. just plain water does that.

Spoiler

i get that, but since you want to keep it above ambient anyway why do you think it's even worth bothering, I don't think you will see much gain at all in performance still over ambient temp. just plain water does that.

... but this option is cheap

... but this option is cheap

okay, good luck to you.

Spoiler

am I the only one who wants to try this? :D

i mean it's a nice idea, but very diy and it won't look nearly as sweet as well developed and manufactured water cpu coolers. And for extreme tests nothing beats liquid nitrogen or helium. It's a middle ground.

Spoiler

am I the only one who wants to try this? :D

No, every once in while (like 2-4 weeks) someone posts this idea around here. So far everyone has realized it's not all that good of an idea, considering how much heat you have to cool off of the hot side of the peltier...

[Main rig "ToXxXiC":]
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)

I want to avoid condensation

Peltiers are made to cool via the amount of electricity that is pumped through it and to do sub 5C and lower cooling as the normal temperature range. It would be a real science feet if you can get one to stay at ambient which would be higher than the ambient unless you setup your rig in the artic then pump minimal current to your peltier. 

I guess, just for the sake of sience, you can put your rig in a large styrofoam box and fill it with dry ice then use your peltier to cool the CPU for and"ambient" temperature......idk :unsure:

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

A peltier is a heat pump. It pumps the rated amount of heat from one side to the other. You can control this amount of heat transfer with PWM or voltage control. A peltier also adds it's own heat on the hot side so you will have to cool the extra wattage you are pushing into it.

You can very easily control a peltier if you can program and do basic electronics. You can even keep the CPU temperature at the dew point, which is as low as you can go before condensation occurs.

If you do not have sufficient cooling on the hot side of the peltier you are SOL. Your CPU will very quickly overheat and if it is between your CPU and cooling plate you need it to be on to cool your CPU at all.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I dont really get what the point of the peltier is supposed to be since it basically just acts like a heatpipe in a way. It doesnt actually "cool" anything youd still have to get the heat of the peltier.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Peltier's are great but there are Pros and Cons, the Pros are you can go below room / ambient (which you dont want to do) the cons are Power consumption and heat dissipation, while the cold side of the Peltier can do exactly as ghost said it can be setup to sit at the dew point with some coding and pwn/power managment.. also as far as i know you need double the thermal power of the cpu your trying to cool, so for a 110w i7 920 you need in the region of a 220-260w Peltier.. something like this http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2408/exp-01/245W_Potted_Peltier.html?tl=g30c105&id=MfDoQSeJ which is fine.. so you just took your 110w cpu pumped the heat away great, now you need to pull the heat away from the Peltier itself. This means you now need a water cooler because there are no Air coolers that i know of that can come close to handling 245w of thermal dissipation.. So great you pop out to the shop for a Swiftech 220 or corsair H100i / H110.. you bolt that bad boy on an have to run the fans flat out too push nearly double the heat away from that peltier... WHY BOTHER when you can just buy the water cooler bolt it on and live in silence and save 245w  on your power supply.

Hope i helped

"Mess with the best, Die like the rest!" - Hackers

i tried thinking about this last year when i salvaged a decent peltier from a cooler box... but logic kept me from trying it

it a neat idea but for all the hassle... i rather water cool my rig

Just be normal man and buy a plain Jane 2x 120 or 2x 140mm pre-built loop and pretend like peltier's don't exist if you do that you will be happier

"Mess with the best, Die like the rest!" - Hackers

Peltier's are great but there are Pros and Cons, the Pros are you can go below room / ambient (which you dont want to do) the cons are Power consumption and heat dissipation, while the cold side of the Peltier can do exactly as ghost said it can be setup to sit at the dew point with some coding and pwn/power managment.. also as far as i know you need double the thermal power of the cpu your trying to cool, so for a 110w i7 920 you need in the region of a 220-260w Peltier.. something like this http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2408/exp-01/245W_Potted_Peltier.html?tl=g30c105&id=MfDoQSeJ which is fine.. so you just took your 110w cpu pumped the heat away great, now you need to pull the heat away from the Peltier itself. This means you now need a water cooler because there are no Air coolers that i know of that can come close to handling 245w of thermal dissipation.. So great you pop out to the shop for a Swiftech 220 or corsair H100i / H110.. you bolt that bad boy on an have to run the fans flat out too push nearly double the heat away from that peltier... WHY BOTHER when you can just buy the water cooler bolt it on and live in silence and save 245w  on your power supply.

Hope i helped

It did help thx :D