MOTO 360

LiamApex

Should I get one ?

if so what are they like and do all these apps to upload custom watch faces that I have been seeing work

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I would wait, it won't be long until Motorola releases a successor to the Moto 360.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

you have to charge it everyday. i donno about you but i would only get one if it had at least 1 week battery life

however the lg g watch r has a longer battery life

No, android wear has no real use yet...

Edit: Wait for the new WebOS smartwatches, they might bring something new to the table

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

you have to charge it everyday. i donno about you but i would only get one if it had at least 1 week battery life

I don't see why charging it every night is so bad. Considering you probably not going to wear it while you sleep its not that hard to have a charger next to your bed. But battery life of 1 or more weeks is not going to happen until something revolutionizes batteries.

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

Upgrade Plan: Acquire some Black Noctuas then add 16 or 32GB of 2133MHz memory

Should I get one ?

if so what are they like and do all these apps to upload custom watch faces that I have been seeing work

I have one I like it and the custom watch faces thing does indeed work!

Don't have to charge mine every day, get two and a bit out of it normally. 

As an owner of a 360, I have to say, I have mixed feelings about owning one. It's a nice timepiece but, it hasn't really changed how I go about my day. I don't use the voice controls at all and most of the apps I run aren't yet designed with Androidwear in mind so it'll notify me something has happened but I still need to pull out the phone to do anything.

With the voice controls in mind, when I did play around with answering messages, it has _fantastic_ voice recognition and got 90% of my messages correct. Just had to face the usual nonsense with words such as, 'ducking'.

If you get one and want custom faces, the app Facer is a must have (for any AndroidWear product for that matter).

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

Don't have to charge mine every day, get two and a bit out of it normally. 

with the screen off most of the time maybe

No. Wait to see what comes out this year. First generation devices are exactly that. Don't expect a good product for the price.

with the screen off most of the time maybe

Why would you leave the screen on when you're not looking at it?

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

I would wait, dem flat tire makes it funny looking, maybe get a LG G Watch R or wait and see how LG's new WebOS smartwatch is like

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

I'm waiting. Not because of the flat tire (I'd RATHER have it than not, even if the bezels don't get bigger. Android Wear doesn't display anything there anyway) or the battery life (you take the watch off at night anyway), but becaue of the screen, processor and some features I'd like.

The screen is not a high enough pixel density for something you hold ~6" from hour face. It needs to get to about 400ppi or higher. I don't know how to calculate ppi for a circular display, but I'm guessing that on a 1.65" display that's about 720x720.

The processor needs to be at least a Snapdragon 4xx, preferably a 410. That'd really help with the battery life, thickness (which doesn't bother me) and lag.

The features I'd like in a smartwatch are simple and doable, and I know this because they all exist in separate watches. I don't want a watch to replace my phone (why would you?). I do, however, want it to be able to do SOME things separately. I'd like a separate GPS, like the Sony Smartwatch 3, so if my phone is dead and I'm lost and alone, I can just use my watch. I'd like NFC with Google Wallet integration, and maybe some way to make it so I don't have to have my phone with me to pay (again, if its dead). And, while I know this is an Android Wear issue rather than a Moto 360 one, I REALLY want speakers and sound files. I want my watch to talk back to me, to make sound of any sort, or I feel like I'm having a one sided conversation.

I'm saving my money until a watch like that comes out.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

No, android wear has no real use yet...

Edit: Wait for the new WebOS smartwatches, they might bring something new to the table

Honest question, what could WebOS possibly bring to the table versus Android Wear, other than a more dismal and locked down ecosystem?

Honest question, what could WebOS possibly bring to the table versus Android Wear, other than a more dismal and locked down ecosystem?

Freedom from google?

Say what you want, android wear is currently pretty locked down. Google is definitley holding it back, and WebOS will be something totally different from the blatantly bad implementation of android wear

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Freedom from google?

Say what you want, android wear is currently pretty locked down. Google is definitley holding it back, and WebOS will be something totally different from the blatantly bad implementation of android wear

I suppose we'll just have to see how it all turns out, it would be nice to see something other than the typical Apple vs Google conundrum.