HP MONITOR OVERCLOCKING!

S1AYA7

Hey guys

So I've been playing around in Catalyst Control Center and have discovered that I can add custom resolutions to my HP 2010f which I use as a 2nd monitor. The reason I would want this? 1080p duh, this monitor only goes up to 1600x900. So I got it working and the desktop is fully functional at 1080p. The problem is the monitor shows a message on screen saying "Input Signal Out of Range Change Settings to 1600x900 - 60Hz" then goes to sleep a little while later like it would if there was no input detected. Does anyone know of a workaround for this?

Cheers

You can't magically "overclock" your monitor and make it display more pixels, it might allow you to set your resolution higher but it won't display more than the display's maximum resolution. You might be able to overclock the monitor's refresh rate though :)

But thats the thing, I've heard the whole thing about you can't magically make it display more pixels. But it is displaying more pixels right now, It just has this overlay thing

But thats the thing, I've heard the whole thing about you can't magically make it display more pixels. But it is displaying more pixels right now, It just has this overlay thing

Yes. And are you enjoy the fine text that you are reading now?

If you are, then you should see an optometrist as this is not normal, or you never had the monitor to its native resolution, and you are now..