Desktop speakers

THADEMON

When I get my computer built I will need a new set of speakers. The only problem is I have no idea where to look or what to look for. What are the best speakers I can get? Absolute maximum I can spend is $250. My only requests is that these speakers look good with good sound quality when cranked. I need some louder speakers! Something like bookshelf speakers that can fill the room with music! Any and all Suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

Get a pair of Bose Companion 20's. I love them and even though others don't like Bose, I support them.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

well do you want passive or powered speakers? I am thinking powered since you said nothing about an amp. audioengine is a good start. nice sounding speakers that look pretty good in my opinion. The newer audio engine models have tons of connection options which is always a plus. I have owned a lot of speakers and have bought audio engines on 2 separate  occasions, good shit. 

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

They look small... I need some louder speakers! Something like bookshelf speakers that can fill the room with music... Sorry I probably should have been more clear.