I need some advice for my first water cooling loop

Hey, firstly I have recently purchased the raijintek triton, it is 'technically an AIO however it has the option for expansion, (I purchased this to replace my dead h80) it comes with a 240mm rad (aluminium) and the block is coared with nickel so corrosion shouldnt be an issue and I'm left with my dead h80 doing nothing, would it be possible for me to remove its 120mm rad and use it in the loop? (It is also aluminium so again corrosion should be a problem) thanks for any help :D

Hey, firstly I have recently purchased the raijintek triton, it is 'technically an AIO however it has the option for expansion, (I purchased this to replace my dead h80) it comes with a 240mm rad (aluminium) and the block is coared with nickel so corrosion shouldnt be an issue and I'm left with my dead h80 doing nothing, would it be possible for me to remove its 120mm rad and use it in the loop? (It is also aluminium so again corrosion should be a problem) thanks for any help :D

i mean, yea if u can get the tubes to fit correctly. but unless ur adding ur gpus or massivly overclocking why need another rad? im at a 3.5 to 4.5 oc and sitting at 61degrees C on a 240 rad... but i mean yea u can add another rad just wouldnt be worth the time/effort imo

To my knowledge it should be possible, may run into issues with getting the tubing to fit.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Thanks for the reply, and yeah, I'm thinking of adding in my r9 290 and I also think it would be a cool little project, its a shame just to get rid if my h80 when it could be put to some good use, however I think there may be some issues with size and may have to get some slim fans for the 240 rad just to make both rads fit (my case is a cm storm trooper) but I think I'll go ahead with it anyway and I'll post temperature results just in case anyone is interested

And yeah you might be right about the tubing however I'm going to give it a go anyway, I'll post some results when/if I get it up and running

And yeah you might be right about the tubing however I'm going to give it a go anyway, I'll post some results when/if I get it up and running

whatever u do, dont rig it together. make sure its legit working without leaks because if it springs a leak it will be worth throwing it away

I will leak test for at least 24 hours, with a little research I have found the dimensions of the h80 to be 6mm ID & 8mm OD. Does anyone know of any adaptors that would allow me to use the larger tubing of my triton wit it? (9.5mm ID/ 12.5OD)

I don't think I'll use my h80 on my GPU as its non reference and I don't want it ghetto to the point I'm strapping fans to it in order to cool the vrms haha, I found some adaptors that will let me run a little bit of h80 sized tubing from its rad then connect it to my regular sized tubing so none of the connection should be dodgy. I'll have all of the stuff within the next week and I will post some temp results (with and without the h80 rad)