Here is my ideal laptop.

Lightweight 
Preferably 11 - 13 inches

Digitizer for taking notes with stylus (bonus points for laptop/tablet convertible)

8 GB Ram  (im a comp sci major, and I'll be doing most of my heavy lifting at home, but the extra ram would still be helpful....or so I've heard)
A good enough cpu that the device is better than potato level.

Could care less about graphics or any other extra features b/c like I said, I'll be doing most of my heavy lifting at home, including gaming. 

Also, don't worry too much about budget, but cheaper is always preferable assuming the concessions for cheaper price are reasonable.

I've searched and searched but all I can seem to find are laptops with the ram and cpu but not the digitizer, or hybrids/ tablets with the digitizer but a crap cpu.

Basically, I'm a comp. sci. major and I want to take my notes with a stylus.  Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance if you reply!

Surface Pro 3?

Ahhh yes, I should have specified (totally forgot actually).  The main reason I'm wary of the pro 3 is that it's more in the tablet camp than the laptop camp. The type cover is sub-par. If no other options....surface ( no pun intended ), then I'll probably just compromise and settle for the surface, but if I can find an option that has a better keyboard, then that'd be preferable. 

Prior to this I was looking at the xps 12, but that didn't have a digitizer  :(

Ahhh yes, I should have specified (totally forgot actually).  The main reason I'm wary of the pro 3 is that it's more in the tablet camp than the laptop camp. The type cover is sub-par. If no other options....surface ( no pun intended ), then I'll probably just compromise and settle for the surface, but if I can find an option that has a better keyboard, then that'd be preferable. 

Prior to this I was looking at the xps 12, but that didn't have a digitizer   :(

Ah, okay. Maybe this would work: http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-13-7347-laptop/pd?ref=PD_OC

(Dell Inspiron 13 7000 if the link is broken). The Stylus looks stupid but Dell offers a better one(separately). I don't have any experience with this computer, so I don't know much about it(other than what I have seen on the internet).

Ah, okay. Maybe this would work: http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-13-7347-laptop/pd?ref=PD_OC

(Dell Inspiron 13 7000 if the link is broken). The Stylus looks stupid but Dell offers a better one(separately). I don't have any experience with this computer, so I don't know much about it(other than what I have seen on the internet).

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, that uses a capacitive instead of an active digitizer. But it is certainly a worthy candidate if I wind up having to settle for capacitive. Thanks again.

I would recommend this too, watch Linustechtips' new CES video on the Lenovo Yoga laptop, it looks pretty solid to me:

Brand New Convertible Laptop Lenovo Yoga Pro 3 - …: http://youtu.be/jjHLNMnBTAo

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Nikon Z5 - Galaxy S10+

To anyone still interested, I'm now split between these three options...

Dell inspiron 13 7000 with 5th gen core i7 :   Pros - should theoretically be more power efficient due to core m, should also be quieter, and is the cheapest option.  Cons - purchasing now is a risk due to it not being out and reviewed yet. Strictly looking at numbers like cores and ghz, it seems like this would be the least powerful cpu-wise, and intel graphics 5500 is untested (except in one video I found, but nothing conclusive)  Also the stylus is capacitive. Overall this one would be a gamble to buy, but the form factor, and price/performance is enticing (plus, it's shiny new broadwell stuff)

Thinkpad Yoga 12.5'' :  Pros - Has a digitizer, probably the most rugged, the famous thinkpad keyboard.  Cons :  Will run hotter and louder than inspiron 13 in theory.  Unsure :  Performance vs. inspiron 13

vaio fit 13a :  Pros - Also has a digitizer, unique hinge actually better for notetaking (tablet form is more of a wedge), has the best stylus of the three.  Cons :  Will run hotter, louder etc. Uses shiny brushed aluminum so fingerprints (also, heard it feels a bit flimsy) Unsure :  yet again, performace vs inspiron 13