What will match in SLI?

So i used to pay attention to gpu's a lot but i dont any more and are wondering what 780 can i buy that wil work in sli? i got a msi reference gtx 780

post-15807-0-26031400-1420633807.jpg

for SLi

you need another GTX780 3GB

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Any 780 with a 3GB frame buffer / onboard GPU memory.

I do however strongly advise against SLI (unless you get the other 780 for $150 or less) because soon the 980ti / r9 390X will be released and those will be a much better buy.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Any other 780. So not a 780ti or a 770. You could technically use a 6GB 780, but it will still only have 3GB effective vRAM

If it's a reference 780, they're all pretty much the same, just with a different name on it. I'd go for another reference 780 for the blower style cooler in SLI. 

Any other 780. So not a 780ti or a 770. You could technically use a 6GB 780, but it will still only have 3GB effective vRAM. 

If it's a reference 780, they're all pretty much the same, just with a different name on it. I'd go for another reference 780 for the blower style cooler in SLI. 

correction on the SLi config

nVidia has banned users from mixing 6GB and 3GB cards

no longer works with the recent drivers

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Ah, I did not know that, cheers. 

I do however strongly advise against SLI (unless you get the other 780 for $150 or less) because soon the 980ti / r9 390X will be released and those will be a much better buy.

Unlikely as he already has a 780 i doubt the 980ti or 390x will beat a dual 780 combo for $300.

Wow that's wanky to ban it.

A friend is selling a Asus GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC  for 240 dollars. To go for it or not to go for it?

A friend is selling a Asus GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC  for 240 dollars. To go for it or not to go for it?

That's pretty expensive considering that an r9 290 which is as powerful can be had for 270$. Just mention that to him and try get it for $200 or less.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

That's pretty expensive considering that an r9 290 which is as powerful can be had for 270$. Just mention that to him and try get it for $200 or less.

I already own a 780, im not changing to amd tough :P 

I already own a 780, im not changing to amd tough :P

Not saying that you have to change, just use it as an excuse to get the 780 at a lower price ;)

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4