Are Astro A30s a Worthwhile Set of Headphones?

So I've had a pair of miserable JVC headphones for a while, and just got $100 to spend, so I was looking at the Astro A30s, which are currently only $80 (20% off). If anyone here owns them, how are they? I'll game with them, but mainly it'll be for music and general use; but I love the company and the design of the headphones, so I'm not really looking for alternatives.

Anyone with experience with these (I'll be buying the standard 3.5mm PC version);

1. Are they sturdy? Have they stood normal use well?

2. Do they sound good? Are they overly bass-y or otherwise?

3. How does the mic sound? Is it utter crap, or pretty good?

4. Are they comfortable? Do they hurt your ears after using them for more than an hour or so?

Of course I'm not expecting miracles, but most of the reviews I've seen are very positive; though I'm looking for more personal opinions. 

Thanks guys!

Anything Astro makes is horrible compared to what you can get from actual headphone brands.

The headphones (my brother's A40's) feel cheap, the mixamp is a piece of junk as well. I think people only buy them because of how they look and the hype that some gamers build for them.

Anything Astro makes is horrible compared to what you can get from actual headphone brands.

The headphones (my brother's A40's) feel cheap, the mixamp is a piece of junk as well. I think people only buy them because of how they look and the hype that some gamers build for them.

Ouch :(

Didn't hear that from reviews.

Ouch :(

Didn't hear that from reviews.

Because most of those people have only ever used gaming headsets :P

Because most of those people have only ever used gaming headsets :P

Hah, good point.

What would you recommend? I like the $80 price point, but I'm shooting in the dark here with my minimal knowledge of audio companies.

Hah, good point.

What would you recommend? I like the $80 price point, but I'm shooting in the dark here with my minimal knowledge of audio companies.

HyperX Cloud is about as good as you are going to get with a headset from a real audio company,