Looking for new Laptop/Chromebook under $400

GCFSA

Hey guys,

Im currently looking to buy a new laptop that is light and portable (preferably 11-14 inch screen) and have come up with a few models under $400 which I am currently considering.

Just wanted to know if there were any better options out there which I may have overlooked (which I am sure there are) or which one of these would be the best choice :D Also considering the new Asus and Lenovo chromebooks which are coming out early 2015.

1- Toshiba Chromebook 2 (CB35-B3330)

2- HP Stream 13.3

3- HP Chromebook 14

Thanks!

GCFSA

Some of the Asus Transformerbooks are dirt cheap if you want to have a look at them, From that list I'd go HP Stream. ChromeOS isn't that good imho.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I have the Acer C720 Chromebook right now. It's good enough for my needs. (gonna be building my Gaming Rig soon)
It costs about 200~ dollars I think.

Though, I woud go with the HP Stream. Being able to play low end games like League of Legends is really great for that price point, albeit around 30 fps in very low settings.

Some of the Asus Transformerbooks are dirt cheap if you want to have a look at them, From that list I'd go HP Stream. ChromeOS isn't that good imho.

I agree completely.

Probably the only advantage of ChromeOS over Windows 8.1 is it being lightweight, but that's about it. :/

There is a version of the Toshiba Chromebook 2 with a 1080p IPS display and 4GB RAM. If a good display and more RAM is important to you and you don't mind Chrome OS, I'd consider it. 

http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-CB35-B3340-13-3-Inch-Chromebook-Full-HD/dp/B00N99FXIS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1420566634&sr=1-1&keywords=toshiba+chromebook+2

Otherwise I'd would go with the HP Stream 13.