NEED SOLUTION: Corsair Carbide Air 540 & Corsair Series H110

Go to solution Solved by Boink,

In or out take on the top?

Intake in front, exhaust on top and back. Just do your best to make sure that you have slightly positive pressure (more air being pushed in than pulled out.)

Hello there

I need help for the best possible cooling solution for Corsair Carbide Air 540 & Corsair Series H110

Fan Mount Locations:

Front: 2 x 140mm (included), 3 x 120mm (pre-spaced for radiators)

Top: 2 x 140mm or 2 x 120mm (pre-spaced for radiators)

Rear: 1 x 140mm (included) or 1 x 120mm

1. My House is very old and dusty.

2. Not have to be silent.

3. MB/PSU: ATX / HDD: 1 / SSD: 1

4. If there are better cases for better air cooling tell me.

5. Im not care about the look of the case just not unstable or cheap looking.

6. I like more decent looking cases.

7. Im going to buy only here (20% off code) http://www.steg-electronics.ch/de/articlelist/pc-gehaeuse-49.aspx

See if you can get a Phanteks Enthoo Pro, it's much better optimized for positive/neutral pressure and has better dust filtering. Otherwise I would recommend the top space for the radiator and high airflow fans in the front behind the only dust filter.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

I just moved my system to an air 540 and I have the H110, it works great for me. My house is very dusty which is why I have my case on top of my desk now, my temps are down from my old haf x, 4790k idling around 28-30 game temps in the low 40s, video card temps are also very good -

here is the pic - 

a8kVlZZ.jpg

OAS || AAS || LLS

See if you can get a Phanteks Enthoo Pro, it's much better optimized for positive/neutral pressure and has better dust filtering. Otherwise I would recommend the top space for the radiator and high airflow fans in the front behind the only dust filter.

I just moved my system to an air 540 and I have the H110, it works great for me. My house is very dusty which is why I have my case on top of my desk now, my temps are down from my old haf x, 4790k idling around 28-30 game temps in the low 40s, video card temps are also very good

Very nice :)

Did you change the fans from the case or just let them?

Intake in front, exhaust on top and back. Just do your best to make sure that you have slightly positive pressure (more air being pushed in than pulled out.)

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

I have my H110 as at the top of my case as an exhaust with the fans pushing through. Having it as an intake will be better for temps at the beginning, but since you have a lot of dust in the house the radiator will get filled with that stuff and then it will be difficult to clean, espeacially in the Air 540, regardless of wether you have a dan filter or not. 

Also keeping positive airflow is crucial to prevent dust accumulating in your case. I always have one fan more as intake compared to the amount of fans exhausting the hot air. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

My friend told me an option:

Front/Back intake

Top exhaust

(In the theory hot air goes up an cool stays lower)

My friend told me an option:

Front/Back intake

Top exhaust

(In the theory hot air goes up an cool stays lower)

Hot air goes up doesn't matter in a pc case. Its more flow/pressure that makes the difference. Unless you had a passively cooled system. Depends more of the crap you have in the case. Like how many gpu's and what coolers they have. I would normally do front intake, 3 x 120, back and top exhaust.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz