headphones not working

123schaer

what do i need to do get the headphone working but the headphone are plugged in

post-112625-0-47039700-1420414775.png

Is the USB header plugged in your motherboard? (assuming you are plugged on the front I/O

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

Have you tried installing the realtek audio drivers?

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Is the USB header plugged in your motherboard? (assuming you are plugged on the front I/O

The USB header is plugged in

its a HD aduio plug from a nzxt case 

NZXT Source 530 CA-SO530-M1 Matte Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case @NannerBeans

NZXT Source 530 CA-SO530-M1 Matte Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case @NannerBeans

Try the back ones on your motherboard. Sometimes the case ones are flakey. I had a cheap CM case that the front panel mic never worked and I didn't want to send it in for that. 

The USB header is plugged in

What headphones are these? If it's usb there is likely a driver you need to download. 

Oops. I meant the audio connector.

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

Oh wait did you actually have something like a headphone plugged into your front panel yet? It says not plugged in because you don't have a headphone plugged in not because you didn't plug in the HD audio...

Oh wait did you actually have something like a headphone plugged into your front panel yet? It says not plugged in because you don't have a headphone plugged in not because you didn't plug in the HD audio...

i did have some Bose headphones plugged in its weird because is show that there is a front headphone jack but it dose nothing when i put headphones in 

i did have some Bose headphones plugged in its weird because is show that there is a front headphone jack but it dose nothing when i put headphones in 

Did you try the back?

Did you try the back?

the back is fine i have some speakers hooked up it works fine just wanted to know if there was a way to get the front to work

the back is fine i have some speakers hooked up it works fine just wanted to know if there was a way to get the front to work

I assume the case is defective. So you could either get a y splitter for the back or buy another front panel interface that uses the 5.25" drive. 

Do you mean the front analog audio jack? If it's not and never worked, probably the guy who build the PC forgot to plug the HD audio plug to the mainboard. Refer to your mobo's manual. 

Do you mean the front analog audio jack? If it's not and never worked, probably the guy who build the PC forgot to plug the HD audio plug to the mainboard. Refer to your mobo's manual. 

i built the computer fyi and its HD audio is plugged in @creatip123

i built the computer fyi and its HD audio is plugged in @creatip123

If it's the case of the HD audio header being not plugged, that's actually the best that could happen, because the solution is very easy, to plug it accordingly.

If that's not the case, then it's worse, because that means a bigger possibility of a faulty/defected audio header. The only solution is to get a replacement then. 

Worst possibility is defected mobo.