pc is running but can't get into BIOS and peripherals are not on

Antoine
Go to solution Solved by TheGeekster,

That could be the OC on the ram speed not setting properly then, try resetting the bios, either a button on the motherboard, or just removing the battery from the motherboard with the system unplugged for a few minutes

Hey,

As the title says, when I startup my computer everything runs (fans are working cpu and memok LED light up once gpu is also running and HDD starts spinning) but my keyboard and mouse do not come on and my monitor stays like nothing happened. Any ideas?

Components :

Sabertooth Z87

Corsair RM650

2x GSKILL 8gb (F3-14900CL10D-16gbxl)

2 x SSD

1 x HDD

I7-4770 @ 3500

Brand new build or wake up with it broken?

If you only have your keyboard/mouse plugged into the front USB ports, ensure that your front IO is plugged into your motherboard?

THIS IS MY SUPER TEENY TINY SIGNATURE!

Ain't it just the cutest little signature.

Some would argue it is the cutest little signature ever.

What graphics card are you using? Or built in graphics?

That normally means the system is not powering up properly, if there is a "no signal" or "please connect cable" message on the monitor, it may be an issue with the graphics card, otherwise it's something else stopping the system from booting.

Have you tried booting the system up with nothing but the essentials? (Motherboard, CPU, RAM, PSU)

Cartman - AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 3.1Ghz - 10GB Ram (Mwahahah) - 256GB Crucial MX100 Boot - 2TB WD Red - Gainward GTX 770 - Zalman Insanely Loud CNPS14X - Corsair 230T Orange

Stan - Intel Pentium G3320 - 8GB Ram - 128GB Intel 520 - Raid 1 6TB WD Reds - Bit Fenix Prodigy

Kenny - HP 14 Ultrabook (No name apperently) i3 4130 - 128GB Intel 520

Also, check to ensure your monitor cable didn't come loose, once my DVI cable gravitied (made up word) just enough that it looked plugged in, but it wasn't.  I was not a happy camper that morning!

i was messing with the ram speed and then it did that, i forgot gpu wich is 780 ti and cables are plugged in properly it was working not too long ago, i havent moved the case one bit...

Have you tried taking the ram out, and putting them back in?

That could be the OC on the ram speed not setting properly then, try resetting the bios, either a button on the motherboard, or just removing the battery from the motherboard with the system unplugged for a few minutes

Cartman - AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 3.1Ghz - 10GB Ram (Mwahahah) - 256GB Crucial MX100 Boot - 2TB WD Red - Gainward GTX 770 - Zalman Insanely Loud CNPS14X - Corsair 230T Orange

Stan - Intel Pentium G3320 - 8GB Ram - 128GB Intel 520 - Raid 1 6TB WD Reds - Bit Fenix Prodigy

Kenny - HP 14 Ultrabook (No name apperently) i3 4130 - 128GB Intel 520

Have you tried taking the ram out, and putting them back in?

Yes did that already

Will report in a bit after trying that

Will report in a bit after trying that

I removed the battery and held the power button for around 20 sec while the psu was disconnect from the wall and now it's working! Thanks!