Need help choosing new CPU

avto

Hi i need help choosing CPU for my PC i cant decide between i3 4160 or FX-6300 which would be better i play games like Batllefield 3/4, NBA2K15, Fifa 15, Dirt 3... 

My current PC specs:

CPU: Core 2 quad q9400

CPU Cooler: Alpenfohn Brocken 2

MoBo: Asus P5QL PRO

Ram: 2x2gb DDR2

GPU: Asus R9 280 Strix

PSU: Seasonic S12II-620w

Case: In Win GT1

I will be buying new CPU, MoBo and Ram i just cant decide which CPU to buy

Hi i need help choosing CPU for my PC i cant decide between i3 4160 or FX-6300 which would be better i play games like Batllefield 3/4, NBA2K15, Fifa 15, Dirt 3... 

My current PC specs:

CPU: Core 2 quad q9400

CPU Cooler: Alpenfohn Brocken 2

MoBo: Asus P5QL PRO

Ram: 2x2gb DDR2

GPU: Asus R9 280 Strix

PSU: Seasonic S12II-620w

Case: In Win GT1

I will be buying new CPU, MoBo and Ram i just cant decide which CPU to buy

I3. You have an upgrade path (i5 -> i7) and the latest technologies on the board (Mainly PCIe 3.0). The FX series doesn't enjoy much of what the Haswell Core series does. However, if you are streaming/editing the 6350 would be the way to go.

Good luck!

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

FX-6300 is the best value but the i3 leaves room for upgradability

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

What is your budget for the CPU?

CPU: 5820K GPU: Gigabyte G1 970 RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Mobo: EVGA m-ATX Cooler: Corsair H100i Case: Xigmatek Aquila PSU: NZXT 700W Monitors: 2 x Wasabi Mango (1440p)

Do you play Go/Baduk/Weiqi? I am AGA 4D.

"We do not shop by brand, we shop by what delivers us the best performance, features and quality for the money we're spending" - Linus (Techquickie)

FX-6300 is the best value but the i3 leaves room for upgradability

Thats the reason i cant decide would take FX-6300 without even thinking if AMD was planing to release new cpu for AM3+ socket but as we all know AM3+ socket is dead

What is your budget for the CPU?

i have a budget for around 250 € for CPU, Mobo Ram i will be buying from Germany more specifically From this store http://www.hardwareversand.de/

Thats the reason i cant decide would take FX-6300 without even thinking if AMD was planing to release new cpu for AM3+ socket but as we all know AM3+ socket is dead

i have a budget for around 250 € for CPU, Mobo Ram i will be buying from Germany more specifically From this store http://www.hardwareversand.de/

AM3 is dead

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

AM3 is dead

AM3+ to AMD wont release any new CPU for AM3+ socket atleast i didnt hear that they will be releaseing any new cpus. as far as i know only FM2+ is "Alive"

AM3+ to AMD wont release any new CPU for AM3+ socket atleast i didnt hear that they will be releaseing any new cpus. as far as i know only FM2+ is "Alive"

FM2+ is the direction AMD is going, the Kaveri and APU side of AMD is where they wish to progress.. Not the uber super-fast top-of-the-line CPU's that intel focuses on