Creative Sound Blaster RAGE Wireless Headset

CobaltMK33

So I bought this headset a few weeks ago because I wanted something that would give me more freedom and still have good quality from the mic and headphones. The reason I went with these is because they use an un-compressed sound signal when talking (pardon the pun) to the receiver, and the 50mm drivers in the ear cups. 

So about the design, there is a feature that you can change the color of the ear cup on the outside using RGB silders in the software, but I don't see the point. The stock color is red, and I changed it to pulsing between the main colors it can do, but here's the problem: there's a ring around the outside that's red, so it looks bad to put something like blue lights inside of a red ring.

post-8622-0-85524900-1371834366.png

There is a power button, volume slider for the computer, and a mute button on the left ear cup. The mute button glows red when you activate it, but you can't see it. I would have liked there to be some sort of noise being played through the headset that indicates the mute is on, I've had to take the headset off from time to time just to do that.

The battery life is actually pretty good, and it can still be used when you're charging it. There is a sound indicator if you're on low battery, and the software will also tell you in an Apple iPhone-like fashion, with just an approximate picture and no percentage. 

The software gives you tuning functions such as turning up the bass, treble, and other things that I can't remember, however I rarely use the software. 

So, in conclusion, the headset is very good for the price point ($60 on Newegg), but there are a few things that I would change. However, that doesn't change the fact that this is still my favorite headset due to the wireless functionality with the quality that's good enough for music listening and for VOIP applications. 

EDIT: Here's the link to the Newegg store with the headset:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826158167&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-Headsets+%26+Accessories-_-N82E16826158167&gclid=CNrAo_LS9bcCFck-MgodrioAUQ

Main Rig:  FX-8320 || EVGA 650 Ti BOOST || AsRock 970 Extreme3 || Corsair 800D || 8 Gb Crucial Ballistix || Antec HCG 520M || Noctua NH-D14
LAN Party Rig: FX-4100 || EVGA 550 Ti || ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS || Cooler Master 430 Elite || 4 Gb Corsair Vengeance || Antec HCG 400 || Cooler Master Gemin 2 
Staples EasyTech Associate since September, 2013

Sounds like the mute button would really make you want to RAGE.

Overall, sounds like a nice choice in wireless headsets for a low price. Would probably buy if I didn't already have a capable headset.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1230 v2 | GPU: evga 670 sc+ 4gb | RAM: 2x4gb corsair xms3 | Mobo: ASRock P67 Extreme 4 gen3| PSU: 850w XFX | Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE | Case: CM HAF XM | SSD: Plextor M5S 128gb | HDD: 2x1tb seagate