My first build <3

R_Golden

I built this guy just over 2 weeks ago and so far it's been fantastic. It is my first build and my budget was tight so I did have to skimp on some things.

[All parts purchased at my local Micro Center]

Current specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690k 3.5ghz (I'm too scared to overclock with the current cooler xD)

GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Cooler: Stock

RAM: 8 GB Crucial Ballistic

Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Pro4

Storage: 1tb WD Green

Case: Zalman Z12 Plus

PSU: Corsair CX600M

Specs I hope to have after upgrading:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690k (Overclocked to who knows what)

GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970 (Overclocked)

Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistic

Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Pro4

Storage 1: 1tb WD Green

Storage 2: 250gb SSD (either Intel or Samsung)

Case: Zalman Z12 Plus

PSU: Corsair CX600M

After thoughts:

-I would not recommend this case or motherboard, the case especially was a pain to work with.

-I know the cable management isn't great but I was having trouble because the case didn't have much room for cables on the other side.

-I haven't attempted overclocking yet and won't until I get a new cooler

-I'm using the stock fans that came with the case

Looks awesome! Sure way better than my first build! 

also what monitor is that?

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Looks awesome! Sure way better than my first build! 

also what monitor is that?

It's the Asus VN247H, I bought it along with my parts for like $170 or something like that. The 1ms response time was attractive to me because I play a lot of CS GO :)

Looks nice!

And failing to act, for fear of the risk, is no different than a living death. No matter what world you’re in.

Looks nice!

Thanks, it's not as fancy as most of the builds here but I couldn't be happier with it. Whenever i'm using this I know I built it. And to think I almost bought a pre-built because I was timid about screwing up the parts

And to think I almost bought a pre-built because I was timid about screwing up the parts

I watched about 10 detailed videos on youtube before I put together my PC and still was not really confident :'D

But in the end everything turned out well.

And failing to act, for fear of the risk, is no different than a living death. No matter what world you’re in.

I watched about 10 detailed videos on youtube before I put together my PC and still was not really confident :'D

But in the end everything turned out well.

I feel like those videos don't help as much as I think they should lol. Especially in wiring

Nice and tighty :) Good work.

My Rig: CPU - Intel i7 2600k OC @ 4.5 GHz | CPU Cooler - Coolermaster Hyper 212+ (Push & Pull) | Motherboard - Asus P8P67 Deluxe | RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600GPU - EVGA GTX 980 (SC) | Case - Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition | PSU - Corsair TX850W | DisplaysDell S2417DG, BenQ XL2420T | Keyboard - Logitech G213 Prodigy |  Mouse - Logitech G303 | Headset - Sennheiser PC363D | Questions? Twitter=@Mattler119 

I built this guy just over 2 weeks ago and so far it's been fantastic. It is my first build and my budget was tight so I did have to skimp on some things.

[All parts purchased at my local Micro Center]

Specs I hope to have after upgrading:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690k (Overclocked to who knows what)

GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970 (Overclocked)

Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

Make sure the Hyper 212 Evo will fit before you buy, I've done that before lol

My Rig: CPU - Intel i7 2600k OC @ 4.5 GHz | CPU Cooler - Coolermaster Hyper 212+ (Push & Pull) | Motherboard - Asus P8P67 Deluxe | RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600GPU - EVGA GTX 980 (SC) | Case - Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition | PSU - Corsair TX850W | DisplaysDell S2417DG, BenQ XL2420T | Keyboard - Logitech G213 Prodigy |  Mouse - Logitech G303 | Headset - Sennheiser PC363D | Questions? Twitter=@Mattler119 

Very nicely done for a first build :) But I will never understand why some motherboard manufacturers put a molex connector in the middle of the board, just why? :D

Very nicely done for a first build :) But I will never understand why some motherboard manufacturers put a molex connector in the middle of the board, just why? :D

This motherboard was such a pain to work with lol. As a first timer it really made things difficult, don't think I will be going with ASRock again. I will be building my friends PC after he gets paid and I think I will recommend he get an Asus board or something. Also, thanks. I worked hard on it :)

Make sure the Hyper 212 Evo will fit before you buy, I've done that before lol

Oh damn, I didn't think about that. I shop at micro center though and the employees are quite knowledgeable so maybe I'll ask them before I buy

Oh damn, I didn't think about that. I shop at micro center though and the employees are quite knowledgeable so maybe I'll ask them before I buy

Your lucky you live near a Microcenter, the closest one to me in Pennsylvania is like an hour or two away......

PC Specs   - Black and White Build

Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97S Krait LGA 1150

Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB 1600MHZ

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 (Will be upgrading this soon)

EVGA 500W PSU

Phanteks Enthoo Pro - White

Your lucky you live near a Microcenter, the closest one to me in Pennsylvania is like an hour or two away......

Yeah, that's where I got all my parts from. Their deals are insane.