Low fps on a gtx770M

A while ago I had trouble with my laptop. I had very low fps, lower than i used to have. after I looked on the web, someone pointed out that i should downgrade my GT630M's driver to the 314.22 driver. this worked perfectly.

Now my friend, who has a laptop with a GTX 770M has the same problem, however he can't downgrade to the 314.22 driver. 

Does anyone know if there is another "magic driver" that can fix this issue.

Thanks in advance.

No such thing as magic drivers. Just don't use beta ones. 

What's the specs and what kind of fps is he getting on what settings?

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

No such thing as magic drivers. Just don't use beta ones. 

What's the specs and what kind of fps is he getting on what settings?

Sorry for the long wait,

He is running an msi gt70 with only 40 fps in minecraft, on max settings with v-sync disabled, and his max fps set to unlimited

He used to get hundreds of fps a couple of months ago.

Sorry for the long wait,

He is running an msi gt70 with only 40 fps in minecraft, on max settings with v-sync disabled, and his max fps set to unlimited

He used to get hundreds of fps a couple of months ago.

Temps? 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Temps?

Normal, around 40 on what he calls idle

And about 70 in game

(Degrees celcius)

Normal, around 40 on what he calls idle

And about 70 in game

(Degrees celcius)

I'd say the performance he's getting now sounds like the performance he should be getting, with those specs.

Try having him run the fan on 100%

Minecraft only uses 1 core of the CPU unless u have the opticians mod, another problem might be that there's not enough memory allocated to the game have you tried a different game? Sorry for the un detailed and grammarless reply I'm on my phone

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | GPU GIGABYTE GTX 1070ti WINDFORCE | MOBO ASUS Prime X570-P | MEMORY XPG Spectrix 2x8GB 3200MHz  | PSU OCZ Zx 850W | CASE NZXT H440