Need help with my motherboard ASAP

so i restarted my pc to go into the BIOS and i was having a look around at my ram profiles and what not but when i went off of the BIOS to restart my pc it started like it would normally apart from the CPU Phase LEDs on my motherboard where off and i have no idea what this means they have never been off before i am sure i didn't change anything in the BIOS and as far as i am aware my pc is running as it would normally has anyone got any ideas?

6db0550b344d8d2358a69d7e9ff48c48.png

If it works, then it works. I doubt the LEDs being off means anything important.

Off topic, kind of annoys me when people are like "omg omg omg, help me, someone please, asap! One of my 11 case fans isn't working!" If its a problem resulting in it being non-operational, then yeah, go for it. Minor problems, no, its not the end of the world.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

If it works, then it works. I doubt the LEDs being off means anything important.

Off topic, kind of annoys me when people are like "omg omg omg, help me, someone please, asap! One of my 11 case fans isn't working!" If its a problem resulting in it being non-operational, then yeah, go for it. Minor problems, no, its not the end of the world.

who is like omg omg here? and it clearly does mean something

The cpu phase leds are just an indicator. Having it off is about as bad as a hdd activity led off.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You should link the motherboard model and such, also I think it might be for a more advanced LED display, such as it it will display 1/4 LEDs on a low load and on max load 4/4 LEDs might light up. I am not really sure but this might be a possibility, should not be a big deal. The reason it might be a more advanced LED display is because they have a section in the BIOS just for LED lol

who is like omg omg here? and it clearly does mean something look at the image

I was being general, the Asap at the end of your thread title was totally unnecessary. A better title, in fact, would have been "Power Phase LED not working"

And as for the problem at hand, if it doesn't affect anything else in your system, and its purely aesthetic, Dont worry about it. If you really want them, try to reset your bios to default.

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

The cpu phase leds are just an indicator. Having it off is about as bad as a hdd activity led off.

yeah but an indicator to what?

I was being general, the Asap at the end of your thread title was totally unnecessary. A better title, in fact, would have been "Power Phase LED not working"

And as for the problem at hand, if it doesn't affect anything else in your system, and its purely aesthetic, Dont worry about it. If you really want them, try to reset your bios to default.

they are not just light to make your motherboard look flashy they mean somthing and do u even know what ASAP means also ur comment was unnecessary

You should link the motherboard model and such, also I think it might be for a more advanced LED display, such as it it will display 1/4 LEDs on a low load and on max load 4/4 LEDs might light up. I am not really sure but this might be a possibility, should not be a big deal. The reason it might be a more advanced LED display is because they have a section in the BIOS just for LED lol

my motherboard is in my signature.....

Power phases.

The cpu goes into different power phases when under different loads.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It just lights up telling you its under load, it is not a big deal unless you like to look at blinking lights all day. I actually disable mine because they annoy me.

Power phases.

The cpu goes into different power phases when under different loads.

so the 4 LEDs means its been under load the whole time that they have been on?

they are not just light to make your motherboard look flashy they mean somthing and do u even know what ASAP mean also ur comment was unnecessary

ASAP-As soon as possible; meaning quickly, and with all due haste.

I'm NOT saying they do nothing.

I AM saying they are far from a vital component and can safely be ignored if they fail, with no consequence.

Spoiler

If all 4 are always on then you are either always under heavy load or the indicator is not functioning properly.

If all 4 are always on then you are either always under heavy load or the indicator is not functioning properly.

ah ok since i built my PC they have been on so i wasn't sure about it and according to task manager my CPU was hardly getting used

It means the it's in a certain power phase which is usually an indicator to load.