Tools Recommended for Building a PC?

LucasJohn

A 9" grinder, an oxy-acetalyne torch, a 10lb hammer and a cheese grater :P

Not really, all you actually need as a bare minimum is a #2 Phillips screwdriver, but to make things easier you might want a pack of cable ties, a pair of scissors to cut the excess off the cable ties and some 99% isopropyl alcohol and paper towels for cleaning thermal paste off.

You may also want an anti static wrist strap if you're worried about frying components with static, but honestly, I've built computers on a carpeted floor while wearing socks and a woollen jumper on a cold dry day and never killed a component yet, so I don't consider it worth the money to buy one.

CPU: Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz | MB: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz | GPU: XFX DD R9 390 | Case: Fractal Design Define S | Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + WD Caviar Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Click here to help feed our lasses Pokemon

Not exactly a tool but makes things a hell of a lot easier. Get your self a good desk lamp to shine inside your case.

sledgehammer-e1306512788505.jpg

That will close any stubborn side panel!

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Firstly, go 1x 980 rather than 2 x 970 ( much better upgrade path, cheeper

I found a socket set useful for the aftermarket cooler and PSU, although not essential

Thermal paste, zip ties, can't go wrong

CPU: Intel Core I5 4590 | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC | Mobo: ASRock Fatality H97 Performance | Ram: HyperX Fury 8gb 1866 | SSD: Intel 520 series 240 GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Aerocool DS 200 red/black | Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X | PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 620w | Monitor: AOC i2367fh & old HP | OS: Windowws 7