Cpu and GPU fan dont spin

33Tanner

My custom built pc has works perfectly until about 40 minutes ago. Right after a game of Csgo the screen went black and my mouse and keyboard turned off. I immediately turned off my computer and took a look inside to see if I could see anything that was wrong. I decided to plug it back in and try it again, but this time I noticed that CPU fan was not spinning. I then decided to give it some time and check back in a little. When I tried it again I noticed that not only was the CPU fan not spinning, but the GPU fans were not spinning as well. 

When I start the computer up, it just stays at a black screen and the mouse and keyboard dont turn on either.

I have never had this happen to me and I am clueless, as it was working perfectly ever since.

Any help is appreciated!

Specs:

MSI Z87 MPOWER sp

Intel core i7 4770k with a Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo fan

Asus Gtx 560

Corsair cx 750 power supply

Thanks,

Tanner

Try spinning the GPU fan yourself and see if it kicks in, one time my niece stuck her fingers in my GPU fan and I had to manually spin them for it to turn back on. Some safety feature or something.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Try spinning the GPU fan yourself and see if it kicks in, one time my niece stuck her fingers in my GPU fan and I had to manually spin them for it to turn back on. Some safety feature or something.

Tried this and it did not work, there was nothing in the way of the fans that would stop them from spinning...

When the computer blacked out, did the whole computer shut down, or was it just the screen, mouse and keyboard

You can try to clear the CMOS.. There is a small button the rear I/O that you have to press, while the PC is off. 

If this is unsuccesful, I would suggest you try swapping the PSU. It soulds like it's either a PSU or motherboard issue, and the PSU is the easiet to swap.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

When the computer blacked out, did the whole computer shut down, or was it just the screen, mouse and keyboard

You can try to clear the CMOS.. There is a small button the rear I/O that you have to press, while the PC is off. 

If this is unsuccesful, I would suggest you try swapping the PSU. It soulds like it's either a PSU or motherboard issue, and the PSU is the easiet to swap.

When the computer blacked out just the screen, mouse, and keyboard went off, the actually computer seemed to be on though.

I was beginning to think that it might be a PSU issue. Are you talking about the button on the back of the motherboard? And I do it when it's off?

When the computer blacked out just the screen, mouse, and keyboard went off, the actually computer seemed to be on though.

I was beginning to think that it might be a PSU issue. Are you talking about the button on the back of the motherboard? And I do it when it's off?

When the computer turned off, you press a small button on the back of the motherboard (the button is right below the toip USB an PS/2 ports)

Edit: Another thing you can try, is assembeling the computer outside the case. Somtimes just taken taken things apart will work, and it will eliminate the option of the case shorting something out

When the computer turned off, you press a small button on the back of the motherboard (the button is right below the toip USB an PS/2 ports)

I just pressed this button, it did nothing. Should I try pressing the reset button on the motherboard?

I will try reassembling everything outside of the case

I just pressed this button, it did nothing. Should I try pressing the reset button on the motherboard?

The reset button on the motherboard justr reset the PC. It's the same as the reset button the case.

You can try to do a hard CMOS reset. You just unplug the PC from the wall, then you remove the motherboard battery and then you hold the power button for a couple of seconds. 

This should ensure that the BIOS has been reset

The reset button on the motherboard justr reset the PC. It's the same as the reset button the case.

You can try to do a hard CMOS reset. You just unplug the PC from the wall, then you remove the motherboard battery and then you hold the power button for a couple of seconds. 

This should ensure that the BIOS has been reset

I just started to unplug things but I will put everything back and try this. Once I reset it, do I put the motherboard battery back in?

And I do this when everything is unplugged?

I just started to unplug things but I will put everything back and try this. Once I reset it, do I put the motherboard battery back in?

Yep, you put the battery back in. Without it, the BIOS won't be able to remember any settings you might make. 

I probably have to say thsi: I'm about to go to sleep (it's past midnight in my part of the world), so I can't respond for the next several hours. 

But I will be back, and in the meantime, there are other helpfull members.

Yep, you put the battery back in. Without it, the BIOS won't be able to remember any settings you might make. 

I probably have to say thsi: I'm about to go to sleep (it's past midnight in my part of the world), so I can't respond for the next several hours. 

But I will be back, and in the meantime, there are other helpfull members.

Just real fast, do I do all of this with the computer unplugged?

Just real fast, do I do all of this with the computer unplugged?

For the next time: Yes, you unplug the computer. Working on a computer with the power plugged in, can be very dangerous.

Wow you fixed the problem! Thank you so much!

Well, I'm glad that you got it running again.

For the next time: Yes, you unplug the computer. Working on a computer with bthe power plugged in, can be very dangerous.

Well, I'm glad that you got it running again.

Thanks again man, you have been very helpful.