Corsair HX750i's 4x4 pin CPU power cable don't fit motherboard

Mist
Go to solution Solved by Mist,

I don't see how I can be doing something wrong if I'm not doing anything at all.

Just realised that was the problem. i automatically assumed that it wont fit because the connector shapes were different. Apparently it still fits. Solved.

Not sure if this is the place to post this~ 

The 4x4 pin cable that came with the HX750i doesn't fit the 8 pin connector on the MSI z97s SLI motherboard for some reason.

However, if I split the 4x4 pin cable and only plug half of it in, it fits. 

Will there be a problem using only half of the cable? My processor is a Intel i7-4790K. Will there be any performance issues if theres nothing wrong with only using half?

you are doing something wrong then.

I second that opinion.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Could you elaborate? The sockets for cpu power on both the motherboard and the PSU is the exact same.

However, the only cpu cables that came with the HX750i have different ends (different orientation of the squares and the curved holes if you know what im talking about)

This means that at a given time only one end will fit into either the motherboard or the psu. 

I don't see how I can be doing something wrong if I'm not doing anything at all.

Thats peculiar as i have never had a problem with plugging in a cpu 8 pin connector.... i might double check and make sure you are plugging in the "Type 3" (I think thats whats printed on the side of the connector at least) side of the cable to the PSU.

Main Rig: | CPU: Intel Core i9-7900x | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Founders | Mobo: Asus ROG Strix X299-E Gaming | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 MHz | SSD: Samsung 980 Pro w/Heatsink 1TB & Samsung 960 Pro 1TB | Sound: Parasound ZDAC & Burson Soloist Amp | PSU: Corsair RM850 | Fans: 2x Noctua NF-F12 | Case: Caselabs MAGNUM SMA8 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 800 | Keyboard: WASD V3 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Mousepad: Logitech G PowerPlay | CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | Primary Monitor: Acer Predator XB272 | Extra Monitors: Samsung Syncmaster PX2370 |

Just realised that was the problem. i automatically assumed that it wont fit because the connector shapes were different. Apparently it still fits. Solved.