ssd not recognized

CatDaddy7818

I booted into windows installer and got to point to pick ssd but it says not drives are installed. I booted back into bios and it is not recognized there either. I switched out the sata cable and no luck. Is there any settings i need to change in bios for it to detect it. The drive is a refurbished corsair force drive. or do you think it is just dead? Thanks for any help!

Make sure it is in the first SATA connector on your motherboard. Do you have another computer to try it out in?

it is in the sata 1 slot and unfortunately i don't have another computer to try it in

Try different sata cables and power cables. Also check that slot 1 is working with another drive. Make sure the sata cables are pushed in all the way on both the motherboard and the ssd. Be gentle not to bend the mobo. Also, try resetting your BIOS. That may fix it. AHCI enabled in BIOS? Try checking the pins on the sata drive for the power and data ports. When did you purchase the ssd? Are you able to return it if all else fails?

ssd the only drive you are using? or do you have the operating system on a HD? ( can you boot to windows )?

what BIOS do you have? what operating system? is AHCI enabled in the BIOS?

I booted into windows installer and got to point to pick ssd but it says not drives are installed. I booted back into bios and it is not recognized there either. I switched out the sata cable and no luck. Is there any settings i need to change in bios for it to detect it. The drive is a refurbished corsair force drive. or do you think it is just dead? Thanks for any help!

Try different sata cables and power cables. Also check that slot 1 is working with another drive. Make sure the sata cables are pushed in all the way on both the motherboard and the ssd. Be gently not to bend the mobo. Also, try resetting your BIOS. That may fix it. AHCI enabled in BIOS? Try checking the pins on the sata drive for the power and data ports. When did you purchase the ssd? Are you able to return it if all else fails?

try this/\ if possible please check if another drive is detected to rule out a board or cable defect.. if you've tried a few cables and have AHCI enabled  the drive should show up inthe bios, if not, its probably dead and i'd advice you to return it