How do I use the wallet backup in bitcoinqt

Go to solution Solved by pGuerrerox,

you need to replace the new "wallet.bat" with the one you had in your old wallet.... once replace, launch the wallet and let it sync.. all your coins should be there.

PG.-

Hi, so I have reinstalled my windows os because of different reasons but I have a backup of the wallet.dat that the bitcoinqt made for me. Now my question is, how do I use it again. Like how do I put it into the program on my new installation of windows? Because I have installed it and I have downloaded the blockchain but now there are no options for like import or something so what do I do?

Regards,

Ludwig Johnson

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf

you need to replace the new "wallet.bat" with the one you had in your old wallet.... once replace, launch the wallet and let it sync.. all your coins should be there.

PG.-

Looking around,

bla bla bla this, meh that!

Thank you!

EDIT: As a note to the solve thing the wallet.dat that you should replace is in appdata > Roaming > Bitcoin > wallet.dat

so when you are in this folder replace the wallet.dat with the old wallet.dat and then open bitcoinqt. To get to appdata, search for "run" in the ........."Search programs and files" area and then type "%appdata%" and then enter.

.........Mine had to do some updating again since that wallet is a bit outdated because it hasn't been used for a while but not as long as the first .........time you open a bitcoinqt client and you have to download the blockchain. 

Regards,

Ludwig Johnson

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf