Your Opinion on the MSI XPOWER Z87

I just want to know your opinion on the XPOWER, and should I get that over the ASUS Maximus VI Extreme?

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Personally I don't think the XPOWER will look great in a lot of builds. You should also consider the Maximus VI Formula/Gene too, by the way.

Personally I don't think the XPOWER will look great in a lot of builds. You should also consider the Maximus VI Formula/Gene too, by the way.

I think the XPOWER will look pretty slick if EKWB comes out with a full board block for it... Also, I don't like the TUF armor on the For,ula, and I will be using the Corsair 900d... The gene is not a motherboard that will look good in a 900D, IMO.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

If your willing to you could spray the black and yellow heatsinks just black :)

Either that or try and find a block for it.

hello

I think the XPOWER will look pretty slick if EKWB comes out with a full board block for it... Also, I don't like the TUF armor on the Formula, and I will be using the Corsair 900d... The gene is not a motherboard that will look good in a 900D, IMO.

Ignore the post above me. Sorry. Idk why it posted that

If your willing to you could spray the black and yellow heatsinks just black :)

Either that or try and find a block for it.

Im good. I don't wanna kill a $430 board, and not have it covered by warranty...

I think the XPOWER will look pretty slick if EKWB comes out with a full board block for it... Also, I don't like the TUF armor on the For,ula, and I will be using the Corsair 900d... The gene is not a motherboard that will look good in a 900D, IMO.

Not in a 900D, but in a small form factor case like the upcoming Prodigy M it'll look stellar. The Maximus VI Extreme looks a tad ugly in all honesty, specifically its PCH heatsink.

Not in a 900D, but in a small form factor case like the upcoming Prodigy M it'll look stellar. The Maximus VI Extreme looks a tad ugly in all honesty, specifically its PCH heatsink.

But if I wanted to watercool it, I can't really have a baller loop... You know what I mean?

But if I wanted to watercool it, I can't really have a baller loop... You know what I mean?

What do you mean? The Formula isn't baller?

The Formula has a built in MOSFET waterblock while the Extreme doesn't, by the way, so it actually has better watercooling support.

The Z87 XPower is an XL-ATX board. I'm not sure if that will fit in a 900D without case mods. At least I didn't See XL-ATX in the specs that the 900D supports. And both items are almost always out of stock.

What do you mean? The Formula isn't baller?

The Formula has a built in MOSFET waterblock while the Extreme doesn't, by the way, so it actually has better watercooling support.

I said this in a previous post in this thread, I said I don't really like the looks of the Formula. But my opinions might change.

I said this in a previous post in this thread, I said I don't really like the looks of the Formula. But my opinions might change.

Here's a comparison.

post-15851-0-18729700-1371741480.pngpost-15851-0-94679000-1371741425.png

The Z87 XPower is an XL-ATX board. I'm not sure if that will fit in a 900D without case mods. At least I didn't See XL-ATX in the specs that the 900D supports. And both items are almost always out of stock.

They do say that the 900D supports HPTX. I think it would be extremely unlikely that a case which

can fit an HPTX board can't fit XL-ATX. It does have 10 expansion slots, and I don't think it's

too short to fit an XL-ATX board if it can fit HPTX ;).

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

It sounds like it will, according to this article.

The Obsidian 900D is built to support all motherboard formats including E-ATX of the EVGA SR-2, all the way to HP-ATX and XL-ATX.

http://gamingio.com/2013/01/corsair-officially-launches-obsidian-900d/

They do say that the 900D supports HPTX. I think it would be extremely unlikely that a case which

can fit an HPTX board can't fit XL-ATX. It does have 10 expansion slots, and I don't think it's

too short to fit an XL-ATX board if it can fit HPTX ;).

Doesn't matter how big the case is if the holes aren't in the correct places.

But after doing some googling it looks like an XL-ATX board will fit.

WunderWaffle, you will probably be more interested in the X79 platform, not Z87 since your budget is $4500 and you'll be editing quite a bit. In that case the Rampage IV Formula or Extreme will probably be the best choices for you.

Doesn't matter how big the case is if the holes aren't in the correct places.

But after doing some googling it looks like an XL-ATX board will fit.

XL-ATX uses the same mounting holes as ATX,and provided the case has room it can be mounted,and I think the 900D has room for it ;)
Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Hmmm i`m pretty sure that you can fit smaller person in 900D that thing is huge (biggest or one of the biggest towers you can buy) :P

XL-ATX uses the same mounting holes as ATX,and provided the case has room it can be mounted,and I think the 900D has room for it ;)

Great! Good to hear this from someone who knows.

Hmmm i`m pretty sure that you can fit smaller person in 900D that thing is huge (biggest or one of the biggest towers you can buy) :P

Not even close. Check out Caselabs.

bringing caselabs into a discussion of big pc cases just isn't fair lol

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

bringing caselabs into a discussion of big pc cases just isn't fair lol

Too late!

Well, I would still say the 900D is among the bigger offerings on the market. Aside from

the large Caselabs models, the TJ-11 and the Cosmos II, there probably aren't too many cases

in that neighbourhood. I think there's a Lian Li cube that's also quite large IIRC.

Then of course, the Caselabs TX-10 makes pretty much anything look ridiculously tiny indeed. :lol:

EDIT: Nothing against Caselabs of course, I have one, and it's phenomenal. :wub:

I'm just saying the 900D is not exactly small. ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Sorry guys, I just got home from the dentist. I am going with an x79 platform, and what should be my setup?