What would be better?

Mark.92
Go to solution Solved by roberto++,

larger fans you can run at a slower speed to move the same amount of air of smaller fans. This gives you a quieter system if that is what you are going for.

although 200mm have less variety than the 140mm if i recall

Hey guys i just wanted to know what would be better 2 200mm exhaust fans or 3 140mm exhaust fans.

Also if 1 200mm Intake 2 140mm or 3 120mm would be better

Thanks!!

Hey guys i just wanted to know what would be better 2 200mm exhaust fans or 3 140mm exhaust fans.

Thanks!!

CPU Intel i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz, Cooling Noctua DH-15, Motherboard Asus Maximus VII Ranger RAM 16 GB Kingston Hyper X, GPU, Gainward GTX 970 Phantom, Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro, Storage 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU Thermaltake Litepower 700W, Display(s) Dual Acer G226HQL, Keyboard Logitech K120, Mouse Razer Death Adder, Sound Logitech Z313

larger fans you can run at a slower speed to move the same amount of air of smaller fans. This gives you a quieter system if that is what you are going for.

Thanks!!

Use the quote or multiquote, for faster responses \/ \/

Thats what i was thinking. Ok thanks

CPU Intel i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz, Cooling Noctua DH-15, Motherboard Asus Maximus VII Ranger RAM 16 GB Kingston Hyper X, GPU, Gainward GTX 970 Phantom, Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro, Storage 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU Thermaltake Litepower 700W, Display(s) Dual Acer G226HQL, Keyboard Logitech K120, Mouse Razer Death Adder, Sound Logitech Z313

It depends on where they're being placed. 200mm fans have a large dead zone in the center hub and have very little static pressure. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.