Computer Randomly Restarting

Fresh_GT

Built the computer in March 2013 and its been great. Just re-installed windows 7 64 bit in July. For the past few months its been restarting or loosing power randomly about twice a week but more and more. Sometimes while playing games and sometimes while sitting at a totally empty desktop. A few days ago I found it off (I usually leave it on) and wouldn't turn on because the boot priorities changed themselves, but i fixed them and it was fine again.

Yesterday, thinking it might be dust related I cleaned it out(wasn't too dirty), it then 20 min later crashed when I played Smite restarting mid game, and then while running through the BIOS it shut itself off and the power button wouldn't work until the PSU was switched off and back on.

It always boots right back up with no problems or warning (ignoring windows safe mode warning and the one time the boot priorities got changed). Nothing helpful. in event log either, just a entry noting the unexpected power loss. I have had to rebuild my degraded RAID 5 several times, but I think that's just a result of the unreliable power.

Seems like hardware failure. Any ideas?

Parts: (at stock clock speeds)

Mobo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600

PSU: CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W 

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780

Primary SSD: SAMSUNG 840 Pro 128GB

Storage: RAID 5 with 3 x Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200

Is everything happening at stock clocks?

Woo!

I would ask that you monitor your CPU and GPU temps (On an empty desktop and under load) and reply back.

It kinda sounds like it's the PSU. But yeah, please do the above.

Sig under construction.

I'll do this when i get home later, but I don't think its a temp problem. I ran FarCry 4 basically maxed for multiple hours the other day with no problems at all.

Idle temps. Note, 8GB of that in use RAM is scratch disc.

post-176539-0-13359600-1419789111_thumb.

I will blame it in the power supply.

Try testing your system with another one.

Good luck :P

Temps while running chrome with ~40 tabs (don't judge me) and Smite at 1920x1200. CPU got to 63.

post-176539-0-65077800-1419791470_thumb.

I was thinking mobo or PSU, just never had this type of issue before. The inconsistant nature is super anoying and I'm used to hardware issues being more work or not work. :/

Sometimes you have to assume it could be anything. When your computer restarts, does it just do it without a warning as if someone pulled the plug or do you get a blue screen? If no blue screen, its most likely power related. As mentioned above, I'd try another PSU. I'd also try running the system with the minimum components and see what happens. If you have more than one ram stick, take one out, try only one, if it restarts again, try the other alone. If you have just one stick, try a spare if you have one. Also check your bios power settings. Maybe your wall outlet is the culprit? Or the surge outlet? Try another outlet and surge protector. Also, check your motherboard carefully with a bright flashlight. Inspect it to see if there are any bad capacitors. They usually look like they leaked or are rounder at the top instead of flat. Lastly, Id remove the whole mobo and inspect the entire thing. Look for brown or black spots, smell of burns? Don't want to scare ya, just trying to think of what else is giving you this problem. My last thought is, update your motherboard bios to latest version if it isn't already. Good luck!