PS4 Audio Setup

Sherako

How would I hook up my AKG K7xx's and my mod mic to my PS4? I'm about to buy the FiiO E10K. Can that be in the setup? Also, can I listen to music from my Nexus 7 and have PS4 audio going to my headphones at the same time?

I trip to make the fall shorter

You could plug them directly to controller, but that would result in bad sound quality. You need some DAC or sound card with optical input. Fiio E10 does't have optical in.

It depends on DAC if it can process two sound inputs and play them simultaneously.

I have had this dilemma with my HD800's and using my Xbox one for Halo, what i ended up doing is having the Xbox plugged into my monitor through HDMI and luckilly my monitor has a headphone out jack, i use a 3.5 mm to 1/4" cable (or 3.5mm to 3.5mm with an 1/4" adapter) into the microphone in to my Asus Xonar STX. That takes care of getting the audio from the Xbox (I am sure its similar to PS4) (Xbox One does not have any analog out like the 360 did....if it did i would just plug the 2 RCA jacks into my Xonar and avoid all the into the monitor into the PC crap) Then going in to the STX software you would go to the "mixer" tab and click "recording" and monitor the microphone input so that it will play to your headphones using the STX Headphone out jack...its a pretty roundabout way of doing it but it has worked very well for me...Hope this helps you out somewhat..I guess then you could plug in your modmic directly into the PS4 controlller. Cheers!

Main Rig: | CPU: Intel Core i9-7900x | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Founders | Mobo: Asus ROG Strix X299-E Gaming | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 MHz | SSD: Samsung 980 Pro w/Heatsink 1TB & Samsung 960 Pro 1TB | Sound: Parasound ZDAC & Burson Soloist Amp | PSU: Corsair RM850 | Fans: 2x Noctua NF-F12 | Case: Caselabs MAGNUM SMA8 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 800 | Keyboard: WASD V3 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Mousepad: Logitech G PowerPlay | CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | Primary Monitor: Acer Predator XB272 | Extra Monitors: Samsung Syncmaster PX2370 |

I have had this dilemma with my HD800's and using my Xbox one for Halo, what i ended up doing is having the Xbox plugged into my monitor through HDMI and luckilly my monitor has a headphone out jack, i use a 3.5 mm to 1/4" cable (or 3.5mm to 3.5mm with an 1/4" adapter) into the microphone in to my Asus Xonar STX. That takes care of getting the audio from the Xbox (I am sure its similar to PS4) (Xbox One does not have any analog out like the 360 did....if it did i would just plug the 2 RCA jacks into my Xonar and avoid all the into the monitor into the PC crap) Then going in to the STX software you would go to the "mixer" tab and click "recording" and monitor the microphone input so that it will play to your headphones using the STX Headphone out jack...its a pretty roundabout way of doing it but it has worked very well for me...Hope this helps you out somewhat..I guess then you could plug in your modmic directly into the PS4 controlller. Cheers!

:( Not exactly what I wanted to hear... Is there any DAC's that have optical in? I heard that there are some DAC's basically made for consoles.

:( Not exactly what I wanted to hear... Is there any DAC's that have optical in? I heard that there are some DAC's basically made for consoles.

They do have these types of devices,

http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-Digital-Analog-Audio-Converter/dp/B005PWPUW6

They do an optical in to RCA out to which you could hook to an amp..Not sure if that would help?

This one is kind of the same concept but appears to have a headphone out as well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Prosteruk-Digital-Toslink-Converter-Adapter/dp/B00KNNSKV0

Main Rig: | CPU: Intel Core i9-7900x | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Founders | Mobo: Asus ROG Strix X299-E Gaming | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 MHz | SSD: Samsung 980 Pro w/Heatsink 1TB & Samsung 960 Pro 1TB | Sound: Parasound ZDAC & Burson Soloist Amp | PSU: Corsair RM850 | Fans: 2x Noctua NF-F12 | Case: Caselabs MAGNUM SMA8 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 800 | Keyboard: WASD V3 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Mousepad: Logitech G PowerPlay | CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | Primary Monitor: Acer Predator XB272 | Extra Monitors: Samsung Syncmaster PX2370 |

Would something like this work:

K7xx's connected to E10k connected to PS4's USB digital audio out

The Modmic 4.0 then connected to controller *on the website it said it is going to sound weird using the CTIA jack* < How can I get around that?

They do have these types of devices,

http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-Digital-Analog-Audio-Converter/dp/B005PWPUW6

They do an optical in to RCA out to which you could hook to an amp..Not sure if that would help?

This one is kind of the same concept but appears to have a headphone out as well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Prosteruk-Digital-Toslink-Converter-Adapter/dp/B00KNNSKV0

I'm probably just going to use a USB DAC if it works, but thanks for the help!

Easiest way is a 2 3pole to 1 4pole adapter and then a fiio e6 on the headphone side between your controller and your headphone. If that doesn't work then use that adapter for your mic and use a fiio d3 and an E6 through the optical out. Pretty sure the USB doesn't work. 

Easiest way is a 2 3pole to 1 4pole adapter and then a fiio e6 on the headphone side between your controller and your headphone. If that doesn't work then use that adapter for your mic and use a fiio d3 and an E6 through the optical out. Pretty sure the USB doesn't work. 

Doesn't the Modmic 4.0 output digital audio. I know that is the case for low end microphones and for high end they output analog audio. Ex: AT2020 - Digital     AT2030 - Analog.

Wait... Stop with all of this tomfoolery... Can't you just use a USB DAC that outputs chat and audio, and would take in the mic's incoming signal?

That might not work actually. If it doesn't, just one question, how the hell do you hook up the Modmic's output to the PS4!?

The headphones are the easy part, just use a USB DAC, and if that doesn't work, optical out.

I'm clueless how to wire up the mic, especially fusing it with headphone sound.

Wait, is that even possible!? Can you even have input and output in one connection!?

Edit: Should I just plug the Modmic into the controller? That seems much better than some crazy contraption.

Doesn't the Modmic 4.0 output digital audio. I know that is the case for low end microphones and for high end they output analog audio. Ex: AT2020 - Digital     AT2030 - Analog.

Wait... Stop with all of this tomfoolery... Can't you just use a USB DAC that outputs chat and audio, and would take in the mic's incoming signal?

That might not work actually. If it doesn't, just one question, how the hell do you hook up the Modmic's output to the PS4!?

The headphones are the easy part, just use a USB DAC, and if that doesn't work, optical out.

I'm clueless how to wire up the mic, especially fusing it with headphone sound.

Wait, is that even possible!? Can you even have input and output in one connection!?

Edit: Should I just plug the Modmic into the controller? That seems much better than some crazy contraption.

The mic is analog man...you just plug it in like I said. You need the adapter though.  And I'm pretty sure the usb on the ps4 does not output audio because everyone uses optical for that and that's what the ps4 website says it outputs by. The controller is a 4 pole socket btw not a 3 pole. That's what it's made for. 

The mic is analog man...you just plug it in like I said. You need the adapter though.  And I'm pretty sure the usb on the ps4 does not output audio because everyone uses optical for that and that's what the ps4 website says it outputs by. 

D03k, its what I use for my mom's set up, tv -> D3 -> AV30's.