Dragon Age: Inquisition?

Adolphen

So I got a few gift cards as gifts this year and I think I'll be using them to pick up a couple games. I'm thinking DA:I is going to be one of them, since I haven't played an RPG in a while and I have a bit of a hankerin'. Has anyone played it? I've heard both really good and not so good things about it, so I'm kinda on the fence. Thoughts?

Arguably one of the best series ever created IMO. I would recommend starting from Dragon Age Origins, and then move on to DA2, and then finally play Inquisition. You can pick up DAO and DA2 for under 5 dollars most of the time.

I only have a few hours into Inquisition, but so far it hasn't disappointed me. Many things have changed since the previous two games, so It takes some getting used to.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

Arguably one of the best series ever created IMO. I would recommend starting from Dragon Age Origins, and then move on to DA2, and then finally play Inquisition. You can pick up DAO and DA2 for under 5 dollars most of the time.

I only have a few hours into Inquisition, but so far it hasn't disappointed me. Many things have changed since the previous two games, so It takes some getting used to.

Are they that connected? I don't know if I have the time to invest in three long games back to back, so if I can just dive into Inquisition, I would prefer that. I do totally get and appreciate needing to start at the beginning though, and I will if need be.

i HATE IT.

What about it do you hate? Do you suggest something instead?

What about it do you hate? Do you suggest something instead?

I hate the movement. I wish it was like all other fps games, i don't like that i have to press right click just so i can see up and down and have non console like motion.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

I hate the movement. I wish it was like all other fps games, i don't like that i have to press right click just so i can see up and down and have non console like motion.

plays incredibly well on a controller 

But it's not a fps??

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

So I got a few gift cards as gifts this year and I think I'll be using them to pick up a couple games. I'm thinking DA:I is going to be one of them, since I haven't played an RPG in a while and I have a bit of a hankerin'. Has anyone played it? I've heard both really good and not so good things about it, so I'm kinda on the fence. Thoughts?

I've never played any RPG before (so that includes the first two Dragon Age games) and I really like Inquisition.    I don't have any prior RPG experience to compare, so this one is basically setting my baseline for future games.   But since I've never played RPGs, I'm finding it difficult to learn.  There are SO MANY things to consider.  Weapons, armor, weapon upgrades, armor upgrades, potions, crafting, looting... oh man it never ends.  I don't blame my difficulty on the game, though.  It's just very foreign to me.  

The website www.dragonagekeep.com is for logging past events in play-throughs of Dragon Age 1 and 2.  When you sign into 3 with your account, the game adapts to the decisions that were made in the previous games and the story is different depending on what you did.  I think that's a genius implementation to create an immersive world. That's probably why some one up above recommended playing the first games before Inquisition.  

But as I said, I like it, and I'm mentally committed to spending countless hours playing it.  

plays incredibly well on a controller 

I hate controllers.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

If you have time, play Origins, then 2 then Inquisition. Origins is one of the best games I've ever played, albeit a little confusing and hard to master. DA 2 is repetitive (It has like 3 maps) but Hawke is my favourite bioware protag (Maybe Femshep beats Hawke, but not by much), and Varric is the best NPC (Although maybe Garrus wins, but it's more like a draw) of any game I've played. In terms of timescale, you're looking at 40 hours for Origins, 15-20 for 2 and I'm not sure for Inquisition. 

Dragon Age is probably the best RPG series I've played.

i HATE IT.

Hate is a strong word...

It's not an FPS. It's a story driven RPG. 

I hate controllers.

Then don't play the game. It has an incredibly well written story and if you don't like the controls so be it. I wasn't a huge fan of the controls to begin with, but after half an hour it was great.

Don't complain about the entire game because of the control scheme. It makes you sound like a 10 year old COD player...

My GPU History: GTS 250, 7790, 7850, GTX 660ti, 7870XT, 7970, 280X, 280X Crossfire, 290, 290X, Fury X, 390 Crossfire, Fury Crossfire, 1070, 1080, 1080ti.

My CPU History: Pentium 4, Pentium E5300, Core 2 Quad QX 9650, Intel Xeon 1230 v3, 4790K, 3930K, 5820K, 1700, 3700X.

If you have time, play Origins, then 2 then Inquisition. Origins is one of the best games I've ever played, albeit a little confusing and hard to master. DA 2 is repetitive (It has like 3 maps) but Hawke is my favourite bioware protag (Maybe Femshep beats Hawke, but not by much), and Varric is the best NPC (Although maybe Garrus wins, but it's more like a draw) of any game I've played. In terms of timescale, you're looking at 40 hours for Origins, 15-20 for 2 and I'm not sure for Inquisition. 

Dragon Age is probably the best RPG series I've played.

So I definitely went out a little after I posted this and bought DA:I and it's been a blast so far. Best decision ever! I already bought the first two to play through when I'm done.

The website www.dragonagekeep.com is for logging past events in play-throughs of Dragon Age 1 and 2.  When you sign into 3 with your account, the game adapts to the decisions that were made in the previous games and the story is different depending on what you did.  I think that's a genius implementation to create an immersive world. That's probably why some one up above recommended playing the first games before Inquisition.  

But as I said, I like it, and I'm mentally committed to spending countless hours playing it.  

I didn't even know about this feature until now. I'm excited for another play through of DA:I after I play through the first two :D

Thanks for the input everyone!

I hate controllers.

A controller and mouse is a really good combination.  Back in the day, I used to play Unreal Tournament like that.  Along with movement/direction, there are still at least 6 buttons available to the non-mouse hand.  

its a good game so far, but i had to stop playing because performance is terrible for my SLI setup with 1440p

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

if you liked Skyrim then get Inquisition. if you LOVED Origins and DA2, you will be just a sad sad panda.... everything changed and it does not appeal to me personally due to game play. I just blazed through the story line after 8 hours in the first zone and started Origins over again. 

it terms of detail and looks- its beautiful. as far as comparing to the first two- not even close to as good... IMO

they patched Inquisition and changed some thing and I haven't even checked the game out since then so I dont even know if they fixed some things... or care at this point. too heart broken..