Trouble launching Dark Souls

Wysoseriouss
Go to solution Solved by ChromeYeti,

I had this same problem, you have to enable the Steam Build 2.0. Right click dark souls>Properties>Betas>[On the drop down box, select Steam Build 2.0]

SO, the dreaded GFWL is finally gone from Dark Souls 1, everyone rejoice...except me, I can't play the game anymore.

Even before the GFWL removal, my main PC has always had troubles launching the game, it would crash as soon as it got to the loading screen. However, since the migration to steamworks, it doesn't even launch the game at all, basically nothing happens when I launch the game.

I heard that maybe this had something to do with DSFix, so I uninstalled the game and completely wiped the game folder from my steamapps directory. That did not help at all, still the game will not launch.

My PC specs are below, and I am running windows 8.1, any help would be greatly appreciated as I have not been able to play this game for some time.

Rig: MSI X370 SLI-Plus | Ryzen 7 1700X | ASUS GTX1070 | Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR4 3000mhz | Corsair RM750i PSU | Samsung EVO 960 256GB NVMe SSD | Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD | NZXT S340 Elite Case | Custom Water Loop

I have tried that in the past, but I haven't tried that this time since I had just reinstalled it.

Rig: MSI X370 SLI-Plus | Ryzen 7 1700X | ASUS GTX1070 | Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR4 3000mhz | Corsair RM750i PSU | Samsung EVO 960 256GB NVMe SSD | Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD | NZXT S340 Elite Case | Custom Water Loop

I had this same problem, you have to enable the Steam Build 2.0. Right click dark souls>Properties>Betas>[On the drop down box, select Steam Build 2.0]

Thanks man, that actually fixed it, and kinda confirms my suspicions that GFWL was getting in the way of the game launching before the migration.