Rig for games

Nutella

Hey,,

This is my first time to come here, so I would appreciate it if someone could do a build for me

1. Budget & Location
My budget is 2500$ MAX! nvm about the location. USA Based.

2. Aim
Mainly I'm gonna use it for gaming but I also going to use for graphic design (Photoshop / Cinema4D) .. so 80% Gaming & 20% Designing. For Gaming, I'm gonna use mostly FPS Games such as CoD & Battlefield.

3. Monitors
Only 1 Monitor, I heard about the Asus VG248QE 24" Monitor but idk!

4. Peripherals
Yeah, this price includes the peripherals but I heard too about Deathadder & The Corsair 1500 headset! IDK about keyboard, maybe BlackWidow Ultimate 2013?
EDIT: Oh & btw, I would like to use Haswell & the Maximus VI Hero Motherboard Please. With the best cooling system (Maybe fan + h100i) ?

Anyways,
Thanks.

will u build it or u want someone to build for u??

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Any case you prefer?

Well, any good case! doesn't matter but have heard about the Fractal R4 & Cooler Master CM Scout II

will u build it or u want someone to build for u??

Is it a big problem? I can watch a tutorial on youtube its okay!

assembling n building is okay! cable management is difficult! atleast for me!

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

The H220 performs better than the H100i, might be the best performing off-the-shelf water cooler (don't quote me though :P).

Are you not entertained!?

Here we go:

Mobo: Asus Maximus VI Hero

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14 (I have gone with an air cooling solution because down the list you will see a quiet case, which fits very well with this quiet heatsink)

RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengance RAM @1600MHz (you can also go with 16 GB of this in 2x8GB dual channel config since you like editing too)

HDD: WD 1TB CaviarBlack @7200RPM

SSD: Intel 520 Series 240GB SSD (You can go with more gigs on this one, there is plenty of cash left that I allocated for peripherals and a monitor)

GPU: EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX 780 3GB

PSU: Corsair AX750 80+Gold PSU, 750W and fully modular

CASE: Fractal Design Define R4

Total bill: 1950$, the rest up to 2.5K I guess you can spend on peripherals and a monitor, or upgrade some of the parts that I listed to better ones.

Also, you could buy case fans, preferably noctua sine the other components are silence optimized, and a sound card if you want that, though the integrated solution on the Maximus VI is decent.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/184Ks

Build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Microcenter)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($99.99 @ Newegg)

Thermal Compound: Arctic Cooling MX-2 4g Thermal Paste ($4.98 @ Outlet PC)

Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($149.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: Kingston XMP Blu Red Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($117.35 @ NCIX US)

Storage: Kingston SSDNow V200 Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($159.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($659.99 @ Amazon)

Sound Card: Asus Xonar DSX 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card ($39.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Silverstone Redline Series RL03B-W-USB 3.0 ATX Mid Tower Case ($55.90 @ Amazon)

Case Fan: Cooler Master SickleFlow 69.7 CFM 120mm Fan ($6.49 @ NCIX US)

Power Supply: Corsair Professional 850W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($152.47 @ TigerDirect)

Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Professional (OEM) (64-bit) ($139.99 @ Newegg)

Monitor: Asus VE248H 24.0" Monitor ($149.99 @ Newegg)

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse ($57.24 @ Amazon)

Other: Monoprice Blue Switch Mechanical Keyboard ($57.42)

Other: Corsair Vengeance 1500 Headset ($85.00)

Total: $2319.72

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-06-19 11:48 EDT-0400)

Build Notes:

I tried to go with what you mentioned in your post. The monitor, mouse, and headset for example.

Absolutely everything is covered from what I can see. If I missed something, let me know and it can be added.

Use the extra $180 or so to add a wireless card (literally the only thing I can think of that you might need that isn't covered, but I wasn't sure, so I left it out), buy some speakers (if the headset isn't good enough for everything), or buy some games (lots with Steam sales).

I went with 2 sticks of RAM so you can upgrade later if you want, 16GB should be more than enough for gaming and the amount of desiging you will be doing. 1600MHz RAM should be sufficient as well.

I went with the 4770k as I felt it was a good balance between gaming and designing as you have HT even though that doesn't exactly make up for 2 less cores, it does help.

As for the rest, the case looks awesome, the power supply is more than sufficient (for later upgrading to SLI or what have you), I can vouch for the motherboard as a good one. The software you get is pretty nice too.

The large SSD can be good for your designing (keeping it snappy even when doing so) and the 1TB should be enough to hold your games and whatnot.

Threw in a DVD reader for the lulz (I prefer USB use personally).

I chose Windows 8 Professional as Windows 8.1 (blue) will be out in a reasonable time from you making this computer and you get it free. Plus there's things like Classic Shell and other Start button additions, and you'll get a bit more gaming/designing performance since Win8 uses less background resources.

I chose the keyboard because it's relatively cheap and Monoprice always makes quality products. I can vouch for them on that. Google search them if you are uncertain.

The sound card is Asus (trusted brand for sound cards imo), and is pretty good all around.

Lastly, the H100i should keep your CPU more than cool. You can swap out any case fans, less, or more, if you desire. Or non-led ones if you prefer.

The headset and keyboard don't include shipping but I'm sure it's nothing too insane ($5?).

Enjoy your build. :)

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.