Limiting Bandwidth on Wireless Connection?

jly7870

Happy Holidays Guys! 

Is it possible to limit the bandwidth on 1 of the 2 wireless connections I have? I am finally upgrading my internet from 5/.5 to 60/10 (I'm super excited lol). Since my parents are not gonna pay and I gotta pay. Is there a way to limited the bandwidth to like 5/1 for them? they only watch youtube videos so it seems like enough for them.

my router is an Asus RT-AC66U and I have 2 connections 1 is 2.4ghz and the other is 5ghz. I want to limit the 5ghz connection.

Thanks guys!!

edit 1: forgot to leave details (lol...)

family of 4 

me: wired connection, heavy user

brother: wired connection, heavy user

mom: wireless connection either on her phone or computer watching youtube

dad: wireless connection sharing the computer my mother uses. either on FB or youtube

devices I have are:

computer (wired)

brother's computer (wired)

parent's computer (wireless)

laptop (wireless)

HTC One M8 (wireless)

iPhone 5S (wireless)

iPhone 4S (wireless)

Samsung S3 (wireless)

chromecast (wireless)

hopefully this helps

MY RIG: i5 3470 | 8GB RAM | GTX 660 2GB | 240GB SSD | 1TB HD

PERIPHERALS: CORSAIR K65 (MX CHERRY RED) | STEELSERIES SENSEI RAW | STEELSERIES SIBERIA V2

Honestly I'd recommend disabling the 5Ghz connection, it will cause more latency throughout your house. Only use the 2.4Ghz connection and I'd suggest using wired for your PC but if not it doesn't matter. The router will work too hard to get a 5Ghz frequency throughout your house and it will be laggier than the 2.4Ghz connection.

I did this with my router because I noticed that the 5Ghz speeds were unnecessary and slow. 

Honestly I'd recommend disabling the 5Ghz connection, it will cause more latency throughout your house. Only use the 2.4Ghz connection and I'd suggest using wired for your PC but if not it doesn't matter. The router will work too hard to get a 5Ghz frequency throughout your house and it will be laggier than the 2.4Ghz connection.

I did this with my router because I noticed that the 5Ghz speeds were unnecessary and slow. 

from what I heard 5ghz is only good on wireless devices that are not moving and stay in one place. I could be wrong though

PERIPHERALS: CORSAIR K65 (MX CHERRY RED) | STEELSERIES SENSEI RAW | STEELSERIES SIBERIA V2

from what I heard 5ghz is only good on wireless devices that are not moving and stay in one place. I could be wrong though

It's possible, but I'd recommend just disabling it. It could be where I live though and devices interfering with it. I'd say give it a shot and if it's bad just disable it.

It's possible, but I'd recommend just disabling it. It could be where I live though and devices interfering with it. I'd say give it a shot and if it's bad just disable it.

okay cool. but is it possible to limit the bandwidth still? 

im no help here, but i do want to see an answer. i would love to limit the wireless bandwidth throughout the house so i can have less latency issues with my ethernet connected gaming rig. :D

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

im no help here, but i do want to see an answer. i would love to limit the wireless bandwidth throughout the house so i can have less latency issues with my ethernet connected gaming rig. :D

my main reason why I want find out. love playing CSGO but, with pings spiking randomly it is not fun lol.