upgrading an aging system

Go to solution Solved by YaNeZ,

i would guess 2-8 FPS depending game... the thing holding u back is more the gpu...

so im upgrading an older am3 socket system the motherboard has a max cpu wattage of 95 i have tried a a 125 before and it wouldn't post so i found the best cpu too meet my needs that was compatible and that's a phenom ii x4 840 it currently has a athlon ii x2 280 cpu and a his radeon 6570 1gb dx11 gpu and 8gb ddr3 dual channel 4x2gb ram does anyone know about what kind of fps i will see in a few newer games such as crysis 2-3 farcry 3 blood dragon battlefield 3 and cod bo2 currently all games avg min fps-16 and max fps-33

i know i wont see much but going from a 2.8 dual to a 3.2 quad should amount too something this is just my old system i use as my home theater /light gaming pc cince my main rig is undergoing a complete rebuild that is taking a long time (actually longer than it took linus haha)

i would guess 2-8 FPS depending game... the thing holding u back is more the gpu...

i7 4770K 4.7 Ghz (1.285vCore, CORSAIR H110) - GIGABYTE G1 SNIPER M5 - MSI GTX 780 (Arctic Hybrid watercooled)- G.SKILL 16gb 2133Mhz cl9 - SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256gb - CORSAIR 350D - CORSAIR RM 750W

LENOVO Y500 i7 3630qm 3.4 Ghz, GTX 650M SLI, 8gb 1600Mhz, WD 1tb, Cooler Master U2

BUILD LOG: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/26468-finished-350d-mini-gigabyte-killer-blackgreen/

ya i just bought a 550ti 1gb like 20 minutes after i posted this but i have to say that 6570 with the his iceq cooler was amazing for the price even after ocing it it never hit over 42c and while it wasnt stunning visuals it was deffinatly playable unlike most board powered cards without the 6/8pin power