How to OC GTX 970 G1 Gaming?

So I have a Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 GAMING graphics card and I want to overclock it.

What software is the best for Gigabyte cards to overclock?

How shouold I do it?

Guidelines for overclocking it? What check boxes should be marked?

How to know when it is stable?

Thanks?

For software there are alot of them but the most popular are msi afterburner and evga precision. I use msi afterburner and it is pretty simple once you get the hang of it. I suggest you watch this video if you are new to Oc 

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

Use MSI afterburner it's the best.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

So I did overclocked, and reached 1600mhz on the core and 4000 on the memmory

is it stable and did you do it on air or water?

So I did overclocked, and reached 1600mhz on the core and 4000 on the memmory

O.o. You reduced 3 Ghz on the memory clock to achieve such high speeds? That's... unusual.

Also, proof of 4h+ of stress Gpu test or it didn't happen.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Test it to see if it's completely stable. Guys, he's hitting 8,000Mhz effective on the VRAM, it's common.

The 1600Mhz core clock could not be stable. Like I said, test it. Run multiple 3DMark benchmarks. Unigine Heaven, Valley and a lot of games.

It seems that you won the silicon lottery, mine only gets up to 1500Mhz/8000Mhz without adding voltage.

MSI afterburner is the most reliable software I've used. Overclock and run furmark or unigine valley for half an hour, if you got artifacts then turn the frequency down a little bit. The best way is to play games. If in 30 minutes your OC does not crash or artifact, then load up a game and have fun. If it crashes in a couple of hours then turn the frequency down a little, or add a little voltage. Then play the game again. Also different games react differently to overclocks. I suggest running Tomb Raider because in my experience that game crashes due to OC when others don't. It will help you reach the safest, most stable speeds for the GPU. Also make sure you max the game out and turn any kind of vsync off so the GPU is loaded 100%.

Update*

Well, after some benchmarking and testing, 1600 base was unstable.

So straight away I decrasead core clock to 1500 and kept memory at 8000. It works perfectly fine.

Because of Christmas I had no time to play around, but I will try to find my max stable core clock soon.

Also I did not unlocked overvoltage check box in the settings. I think it might help to reach even 1600,I hope... :)